icon

2002 Accord, need a security system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mlrtimev6 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
I went to my car this morning before work and tadaaaa 4 day old Avic-D2, sunglasses, amps and sub all gone.  So I'd like to put together the baddest alarm system ever made.  Currently I'm thinking about a clifford system with several piezo sirens.  What would you guys recommend or put together if you could have any car alarm out there? Oh ya, this is my first post so be gentle.
mlrtimev6 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
side note.... the car is a 2002 Accord coupe with factory alarm
mecpatm 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  
A clifford alarm is an excellent choice for an alarm however you can get a viper that does the same thing probably for a little cheaper if there is a shop in your area that sells them. I have been doing security systems for about 8 yrs and you don't necessarrily need the baddest system out there. I do have a question for you though, how did they get in the car? If they broke a window i would definately suggest a glass break sensor maybe even a perimeter sensor. One thing to remember about security is that quality of the installation is just as important as a good product. After you have the alarm done make sure they go through each sensor with you to make sure it works, obviously minus the glass break sensor. Another thing to keep in mind is don't cheap out on the alarm because you get what you pay for. I would suggest something two way and LCD not LED. I like the LCD better because you know exactly what is causing the alarm to go off.
Thomas
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  

You've heard the old saying.....locks keep honest people honest.

Consider this when "designing" this new alarm system.

Keep it locked, turn it down....and don't show it off. The best way to make sure it remains "yours"

mlrtimev6 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the advice from both of you guys.... mecpatm.... they broke the passenger window so yes a glass break sensor would have been nice... what I don't get is why the factory alarm didn't go off when the door was opened without being disarmed.  I have looked into the 2 way alarms but I'm not a fan of the large pagers.  Right now I've got my eye on the Avantguard 5.  And KarTune.... working at an autoshop many years I too know that you can't have stolen what they don't know about.  They car itself is a bit flashy though, pearl paint, ground effects and wheels.  The navigation had only been installed a few days and they left the sub and amps so I'm assuming they actually scoped it out and had their eye on it.
mlrtimev6 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
not true.... I've done it many times myself when I forgot I locked the doors with the remote.... even if the windows are down and you reach in and unlock the door it will go off.  I even tested it today, but today it was sketchy only working 2 out of 5 times.  I remember rumors of part of the security system designed into the factory radio and since it's now removed I'm not too sure what's going on.  An aftermarket security system is definitely on it's way though.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic