icon

Jensen in dash dvd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigboi11 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
How much will this effect my system.  I guess I mean what do you guys think of the JENSEN VM-9510.  Is  there anything about this that will make me say dam I should have got the alpine instead?
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

bigboi11 wrote:
Is  there anything about this that will make me say dam I should have got the alpine instead?

Yes, why do you ask when you already know what the answer is going to be.

bigboi11 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know any specifics like what will I be pissed about
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
Well over all build quality from Jensen tends not to be so great. Basically high failure rates. The picture quality will surley not be on the same level as Alpine, Pio, Kenwood, and Eclipse.  
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
Jensen was bought by Audiovox a while back. The new stuff isn't too bad not the same old Jensen everyone is used to. I run the 9510 in my personal vehicle, and while it does have some random quirks, I would take it over the other units anytime for the price.
- Larger screen than say the pioneer and some others which have a 6.5" screen.
- AWESOME picture. 1.15 million pixels same as the top of the line alpine unit and probably better than some of the other units of this type.
Those other units may have a bunch more features, but they also cost a LOT more. If you need lots of features you probably will never use, go with the alpine or a pioneer. If you want a better than average flipout piece at a good price, give the jensen a shot. Some other things you may notice is that the jensen piece isn't satellite ready, and doesn't have navigation. If either of those interest you, might want to look for another unit. Also I don't believe it will play mp3 dvd's. At least none of the ones I burn. I've heard the pioneer will, but I don't know if any other brands advertise that or not. Plays mp3's fine, just not mp3 DVD's. Anyway that's my take on it, I would go to best buy or something and play with a few different ones before you really decide by taking advice off the internet. Good luck,
Mike

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic