topless98gt 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
1998 Mustang GT Convertible
5 Speed Manual Transmission
Viper 791XV w/ Remote Start
DEI 530T Window Module
I had a DEI 530T installed on my car and it does what it's supposed to, but I want to change this. Right now it rolls the windows up when I arm the car, and down when I use Aux+Lock. Is there any way that I can have the 530T leave my windows alone when I arm it, but roll them up with Aux+Unlock and down with Aux+Lock? My Aux just controls my trunk pop.
demonpossessedn 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

if you want the windows to stay down when you arm. the manual states you to press the auxliary channel and within five seconds arm the system, the security system will arm and windows will stay down,  From with it seems you have the 530t  connected to your channel four. You can use channel five to roll up the windows if you connect the orange wire on harness 2 to channel 5(secondary harness h2 six pin connector on the 791xv) WHITE/ black wire.

aslo If they installed it the way they should have the orange wire from the 530t is connected to your ground when armed wire on your alarm brain. Now if you disconnect the orange wire from the 530t  and connect it to the BLACK/ white wire from the brain this will roll up the windows when you press the  remote start&unlock buttons

so if you don't ever want the window to roll up when you arm the car, make sure the orange wire from the 530t is not connected the the ground when armed button (orange wire from h1 primary harness) it wont roll up when you arm anymore 

topless98gt 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
So when you say press the auxilary channel and arm within 5 seconds, which auxilary channel? Here is how my remote is setup right now (which is normal, I guess?):
Lock: arms and locks the car
Unlock: disarms and unlocks the car
Aux: press for 3 seconds to pop the trunk, press quickly before arming or disarming for a silent arm/disarm.
Remote start: press twice to remote start the car
Aux+Lock: press quickly to crack windows, hold for 3 seconds to roll down all the way
Aux+Unlock: nothing
And I see you stated Remote Start+Unlock. I pressed these together and my remote did nothing. Did you mean when I press either unlock or remote start or both at the same time?
mxg7 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  

There is a way to do what you want the 530t to do for you

Frank Samuel
Mxg Electronics
1 (268) 727-6947
1 (268) 774-6947
mxg7 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  

Here's what you can do

#1  Switch the Window roll-down wire from the 530t and connect it to the aux wire from the alarm that activates the Axu-3 button (aux+unlock)
When activated momentary the window will vent about an inch.
When activated for more than 3-sec, the window will roll completely down.

#2  Disconnect the Window roll-up wire from the orange Starter disable wire from the Alarm and connect it to the aux wire fron the alarm that activates the Aux-2 button (aux+lock)

When activated momentary the window will roll completely up
This way when you arm or disarm the security the windows will not be affected at all.

Frank Samuel
Mxg Electronics
1 (268) 727-6947
1 (268) 774-6947
demonpossessedn 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  

here I'll put it simple

There is an orange wire from the 530t , it is currently going from 530t to the alarm brain orange wire. Cut that wire off and you want tape off the orange wire from the alarm brain(or if you have starter kill relay leave the end attached to the relay)

take the end from the 530t and connect it to the WHITE/ black(from h2 secondary harness) from wire from the alarm brain this is channel five (channel five is when you press the remote start button and the unlock button at the same time) AFTER you do this when you press remote start and unlock at the same time the windows will go up without arming the alarm

when you disconnected the orange wire from the 530t from the alarm brain is will not get the ground when armed output anymore thus not rolling up the window when you arm the alarm any more.

so after you do those steps

1. when you arm your car it wont roll up the windows anymore

2. pressing lock and aux at the same time will vent / roll down the windows

3. presing unlock and remote start at the same time will roll up the windows

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic