icon

Alpine swr-1242d ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rlandwehrle 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
i have the older fanatic p series and thery are a few years old.they did there job!i wanted to change for new ones and went to bestbuy to play around and found that the alpine type s 5 1/4 's   had much more voice (midrange)to them than any other speaker i listen to.i tried all the 6 1/2's , 5 1/4's and did not hear clear voice like i did on alpines type s 5 1/4's did.they will be my next victems.hehe try them out good luck
1 pioneer deh-7700mp hu
1 lanzar htg2600d amp
2 sets rf 5 1/4 componets
2 alpine type r 12's(2005 series)
1 large ported box
1 rf 1.0 ferad rf cap
1 realy loud 2004 hyundai accent
sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  

First thing I would like to say is definitely dont do just a 1 cu enclose for a 12" type r, i worked at bestbuy for a while and our type r's on display were in 1 cu boxes and it just completely ruined the sound of such a nice sub.  Seriously we lost so many sales to customers wondering why our second most expensive sub sounded so much worse (the type e's in the same enclosure honestly sounded better).

Second off I have to admit, my brother has some old fanatic x 6.5s in his car that we picked up really cheap, the vocal are great.  I went for alpine type x's myself and have been really happy with them, but hearing the newer alpine type s series speakers the midrange is really detailed and smooth, for the price they are a very very nice sounding speaker.  I would put them above most any of the fosgates myself, and honestly within decent range of the type x line.

konrad100 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
you think 1.5 will be fine for each one. I now have the infinity kappas have you guys heard them?? I think they sound great, clear, and loud if wanted but defenitively have to play withthe eq as with any speakers to get the best sound out of them...
sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  

yeah 1.5 should be just fine, honestly see no reason to go any larger than that.  I havent heard the kappas, Ive heard the kappa perfects a few times and overall I have been incredibly impressed with them for their price.  I never tend to use infinity speakers or subs much, and dont really know why, every time I listen to any one of their products I am always quite impressed.  Any reason you are getting rid of those kappas?

konrad100 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
I don't want to get rid of them, i think they sound great , i was just wondering if you have any other suggestions. I think for the price they sound very clean. I'm not sure but i have a problem, i'd like to get a pair of components kappa perfect or the 60.7 cs the ones right after the perfects, see the perects are 4 ohm, while the 60.7 cs are 2 ohm, what to do, i have all my speakers in the car 2 ohm, and was wondering what to do??? get the perfects but how will they sound, they might get underpowerd as comapred to the 2 ohm ones..what do you think...
Or ideal situation get another amp just for the perfects run them at 4 ohms but supple double the power to mach the 2 ohm speakers power rms...??? Any sauggestions??
skeptikal 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  

www.thecaraudiobox.com

Go there and see what they are doing with Type R's....

Mark Potts currently holds the MECA M1 record with a couple of Type R 15's IIRC. Team Phat Hertz is doing big things with the Type R's and they are currently the forum boner over at www.caraudio.com. Those things can put up decent numbers (as Mark and Team PH has shown on numerous occasions)

NuSonic Sounds
Brandon McGinnis
Your Source for Ology Audio
konrad100 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
Wow, i just saw it, thats amazing, for subs that are not so expensive they are worth every penny and more, especially that i'm mainly looking for sql, wow that was amazing. Thanks
Drewt 
Copper - Posts: 183
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
if you're looking for an SQ sub for a really good price, I'd go with an Infinity Kappa Perfect. I had one a while back. I even think it sounds better than the MB Quart premimum I have now...
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic