icon

Autopage RS-855, 2005 Nissan Maxima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deepinit 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  

Doing a Autostart RS855LCD self install (had problems in the past with two prof. installed systems) on a 2005 Maxima and was wondering if anyone can give any advice, tips, tricks or issues I may encounter?  I am using a 556U Transponder, DEI Glass Breakage sensor and an additiona DEI impact sensor.  I also have the 2005 Nissan Maxima Service Manual that I can use for reference. 

I have also seen the post at http://www.carsound.com/UBB/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002070 regarding the utilization of BCM pins 13 and 14 for door locks.  Has anyone used this?  Is the pluse to the BCM positive or negative?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
deepinit 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, this will help a great deal!
deepinit 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  

Just finished installing my first Autopage RS-855 into 2005 Nissan Maxima and have the following questions:

1. When remote started the interior dome lights are dimly lite until I disengage the remote start then they light up to full power for a second and then the dome light shuts off.  Is this normal or do I have a problem?

2. I got all my triggers (doors and trunk), dome light surveillance, trunk release, door lock and unlock, defroster, hazard flash (used relays) from the Body Control Module, is this ok?  Any chance of frying the Body Control Module?

3. When I arm autopage rs-855 the interior lights stay on for fortyfive seconds where as using the original OEM arm they shut down immediately, but they do come on with both systems on disarm.  Is the light staying on on arm normal for an after market system?

4. Lastly when mounting the antenna for the alarm should I have it as close as possible to drivers side pillar?  Should it be below the blue shading?

Sorry for all the questions but I really need some advice, not sure if I did everything right, I did meter and test everything before connecting but I still have these questions.  If it helps I can provide BCM pin numbers.

Thanks inadvance!

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 18, 2005 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  
Hey, I'm glad you found the BCM doorlock trick to be helpful; I'm the guy who made that post at carsound.
1. That's not normal. Something must be wrong, but I can't think of what it might be.
2. I always get my wires wherever I think is easiest, neatest, or most reliable----little need to get them where the tech sheet tells you----that's smart of you to try to get many wires all in one place----just like any other location, you're only going to fry the BCM if you do something wrong.
3. Something is definitely odd with your domelight connection. I'm not familiar with Autopage, but I've never seen an aftermarket system that turns the domelight ON when arming.
I want to say something must be connected backwards somewhere? But it's early (at least for me) and I haven't finished my coffee yet.
I would say, temporarily disconnect your aftermarket domelight supervision, verify that the factory domelight works correctly on its own, and then carefully check EVERYTHING you did related to the domelight supervision, comparing it with the install manual---perhaps you just got a couple of wires mixed up somewhere.
4. There are so many stories about where to mount antannae, and so little information given to us by the manufacturers.
But from other installers, I believe the consensus is this:
The tint band at the top of the windshield doesn't hurt anything.
But some cars have a black-coated area, with little clear dots, behind the rearview mirror----this film is metalized, will hurt range, and the antenna should be mounted below or beside it.
And for the most part, the instructions do suggest mounting the antenna at the center of the windshield, not off to one side. If you mounted the antenna on the left side, for example, and stood to the left of the car, the metal A-pillar might block the signal.
deepinit 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2005 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Chris, I did find and used your BCM trick.  I could not get pin 13 to work so I used pin 11 and it works fine with .08 pulse.  One thing that I also did with your trick is to remove the BCM connecter insert the wire so I can see it coming out the other side to ensure contact.  I then tied the wires to other nearby wires (the two closes to each) and then reconnect the BCM plug.  

The dome light I figured out.  I was in such a hurry that I did not realized I needed a relay to use the dome light and connected it directly, so I disconnected until I can get one in.  As far as question three is concerned, when the door is close the light is suppose to stay on for forty-five seconds unless locked with a key or the OEM alarm transmitter (confirmed after disconnecting dome super), however using the autopage system to lock it, it remains (does not come on) on for the full forty-five and that's with dome super disconnected.  I used pin 11 to lock,  did you every see this with any of the nissan installs that you have done?

Lastly, is it correct to say that if the BCM were to fry it would have done so already (during install) and not months after use?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic