icon

Viper 791 not paging back

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yg17 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
I had the Viper 2 way installed back in July. Everything was working fine. Today I went to unlock my car and hit unlock on the remote. The siren chirped, the car unlocked, everything was great. But then the alarm beeped at me because it didn't get the response page back. Kept trying it, locking, unlocking, ect. It's not receiving the confirmation page from the car so it thinks I'm out of range and beeps at me. I then set off my alarm hoping I'd get a page, nothing. I checked the remote and page mode is on. BTW, I'm doing this with the remote pointed right at the antenna and half a foot away. Anyone know what could be wrong? I'll call the place that installed it later, but if it's something I can fix, that would save me a 120 mile drive.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
unplug the antenna and let it sit 5 minutes, then plug it back in and try again....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  

I used to have a similar issue with this alarm to where the point my alarm was set but the remote dident do a thing. Like it had no signal. It happened to my friends Escalade as well. He brought it back to the shop. Come to find out DEI has done a recall on certain models with a certain antenna. We both got our antennas replaced and now were good to go. Just as an FYI. I thought I screwed up something when I installed it almost a year ago. So for those of you ran into this problem you may need a new antenna. Just an FYI.

Jeremy

MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
gh057 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
The other thing to check would be if your remote has switched channels on you as you can use that same remote for a different vehicle. I've had customers do this "by accident" a few times.
yg17 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
I called the place that installed it and they offered to exchange my remote and see if that helps. And of course, after I call, it stars working normally again. Should I bother getting the replacement remote then? I'm worried if I don't get the remote, then it will start happening again
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
I'd get a new remote. They can be about as sketchy as a crackhead at times..... at least the blue ones are better than the white ones.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic