icon

Avic N1 not ejecting dvd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stuckup05 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
My N1 jsut stopped ejecting the dvd.  I press the eject button and nothing happened no weird noises or anything.  Lucky it stopped workin with the nav disc inside so I can listen to the radio and navigate but whats wrong with this thing?  Can it be repaired if so who can do it.  I'd like to find a local shop i can bring it to.  I dont want to send it to pioneer that takes way to long and is crazy expensive.  I would do it myself if I new what casue the malfunction.  Is there any DIY's on this? 
Death Before Dishonor
Preservedswine 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
Crazy expensive? Pioneer quoted me $200 to repair my N-1, no matter what the problem is... all things considered, seemes fairly reasonable..... I will have to end up going that route,(blank screen issue- I even know the part, and no one can sell it to me, not even Pioneer, grrrr!) as I've had no success in finding a dealer that will repair mine .... The dealors in my area simply send them back to Pioneer as well.
You could buy the repair manual for the N-1, but the manual alone is about $75.
I hope you have better luck than me.....
~Ben
stuckup 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Where do I find the repair manual?  I can normally find anything on the internet but tryin to find out how to fix my N1 has not been easy.
Death Before Dishonor
Preservedswine 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
Click here for a link to the AVIC N-1 service manual...
stuckup 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
Ok now does anybody have it in PDF or can someone make a copy of it and sell it to me.   You think I could find it on a P2P file sharing?
Death Before Dishonor
Cali_pilot 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
There's a guy on ebay that repairs N1s and N2s for $135 and claims to know how to repair the "disc not ejecting" problem.  Check it out----->  http:///.com/I-will-repair-your-AVIC-N1-or-AVIC-N2-with-this-auction_W0QQitemZ5815087329QQcategoryZ79834QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
2011 Ford F-150 Super-Crew FX4
HU: Pioneer AVIC-Z1
Fronts: Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Rears: Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Amp: Profile AP1040
Sub: Pioneer TS-SWX251
stuckup 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  

[QUOTE=Cali_pilot]There's a guy on ebay that repairs N1s and N2s for $135 and claims to know how to repair the "disc not ejecting" problem.  Check it out----->  http:///.com/I-will-repair-your-AVIC-N1-or-AVIC-N2-with-this-auction_W0QQitemZ5815087329QQcategoryZ79834QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/QUOTE]

Goodlook, but I would still like to get my hands on the Service Manual so I could try and do it myself

Death Before Dishonor
audiointl 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2005 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  

hey gents.

You first need to try to press the reset button on the main face of the unit.  I had that eject problem and that's all I needed to do.  Also, I guess nobody bought their equipment from a RETAIL store that offers the extended warranties.  I did, and had nothing but problems with the unit, sent it out 3 times for the same problem (LOUD noise in RCA, not alt. or -grd).  Pioneer couldn't fix it, I got my $$ back A FULL YEAR after I bought the unit.  Also, I only paid $40 for 4 years extended warranty compared to $250 now.  (nobody knew how complicated these units can be to fix back then!)  Now I just have the MP80 and a laptop installed.  I do wish I had the AvicN1 still, but I'm glad I didn't try to fix it myself.

Another thing:  If you have NO warranty left, REMEMBER it's just like your house DVD/CD player....find one of those guys!

Everything I touch turns to ICE

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic