icon

Infinity perfect components 6.5?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
konrad100 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
i have a 4 channel now 70 wrms at 4 ohms or 140 wrms at 2 ohms, but if i go with the infinity perfects then i think i'll be underpowering it although they rated the amp at about 80 wrms at 4 ohms...what to do??? or just get another amp for the 4 ohms ones or just go with th 2 ohm infinity kappas 60.7cs that are 2 ohm...
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
You don't need a different amp.  Purchase the set you like the sound of the most.  ANY amp can be used with these speakers, just don't exceed the RMS rating by more than about 10%.  I've set up the Kappa components with 25 WPC amps and they sound great.
Support the12volt.com
konrad100 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
I'd love to listen to both spekers but there is no dealer in the area, the closest one is 2 hrs away, so i'm just trying to get some idea of what are others opinions so i can make a choice between the 2. I already have the infinity kappas 3 way in the back and would like to set up a nice cound stage. I was also thinking to get the components in the kick panels by the feet and also get another set of kappa infinitys 3 way 6.5 in the stock holes of the doors. Do you think that might be a bit much, and there might be a possiblity of sound cancelation if i do that????
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
Don't do that.  Yes, you can create cancellation effects and other nasty effects.  Use one or the other.  If you like the sound of your Kappa speakers now, then sure get another set of Kappas for the front.
Support the12volt.com
Ocuriel 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
I hate kappa perfects with ceramic tweets, or is it alluminum??? anyways i had them & disliked them very much. the tweeter just hisses at you - couldn't stand it. the coaxials sound sweet though. look for kappa perfects that use i think a silk tweeter - i think that would be a better option.
Tegpilot 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
there isn't a perfect that used silk domes.  There isn't even a kappa that uses them, only the reference series, which is a far cry from the kappas and perfects.
99 INTEGRA LS 4DR Forest Green.Alpine CDA9857 Deck. JBL 755.6 AMP, Kappa 50.7cs Front, Kappa 6x9's Rear, 4 JBL GTO804 subs
dh205 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2005 at 4:59 AM / IP Logged  
ocuriel..the perfect comps are aluminum just to clarify. i first thought that they were too bright at first, but with tweaking the HU settings and amp, i personally love the way they sound.
2004 hondaaccord sedan alpinecda9827HU, 2kicker sx650.1monoamps, alpinemrv-f540 4ch, 2 kappaperfect 10.1svc subs(350rms ea.), kappa 6.1 components(front), kappa 693.5i 6x9's(rear).

Ocuriel 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2005 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
my bad - you are right, they are alluminum tweets. still dislike them though. takes allot of tweaking to get them to sound good.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic