the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Expert needed: What do i wire up my dome light to?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BlackGti 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2002 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
Whats goin on....i have a good tech question here....i have an 86 Volkswagen...i did a 1995 motor/wiring conversion in the entire car...everything in the car is 95 except the Dome light harness..i have to hard wire it to the fuse box....VW door pins are negative triggered and the dome light has a delay......how would i go about hard wiring this harness into my fuse box? 1 positive and 2 negatives?  im trying to figure this out because i just picked up another new alarm for my car and dont have the door pins working right now so i want them to work...what do i do...?
Best Buy Mobile Install Tech.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2002 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  

Hi BlackGti, if you're trying to keep the delay feature, you'll need to wire the dome lamp & delay module as it was prior to your conversion (assuming there are no *BCM issues to deal with in your vehicle and the dome lamp has a separate delay module) and connect the negative door trigger of the alarm to the negative input(s) of the delay module (*may need to didode isolate each trigger) .  If you're not interested in using the delay module or can't use it, you can wire each door trigger (*may need to diode isolated driver's door from the rest) to the negative side of the dome light and connect the positive side to constant 12V+ (fused). If you go this route, simply connect the alarm's negative door trigger to the negative side of the dome lamp.....but being that you've changed a good bit of the wiring in the vehicle, if you can give us more details regarding the interior wiring of the vehicle, especially a description of your dome lamp wiring, we might be able to offer more help.

the12volt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic