icon

Beginner Question Sub Mounting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bluesbabybones 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
hi i looked online but couldnt find anything at lowes or home depot.  is this something that wouldnt be in their online catalog? one more thing is i see that alot of poeple use the tape foam for mounting the subs. but how does it hold the sub in place if its only one sided adhesive tape? am i missing something here? thanks for your help.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
You must have missed the part about using sticky rubber sealing compound.  And maybe you missed the link DYohn provided with a picture and description of it.  And mounting tape, or foam gasket, isn't there to stick anything in place;  it's there to seal the woofer.  Keep in mind, your thread here is all about trying to keep you from jamming screwdrivers through the surround....Have you ever needed to make a gasket?  Maybe a sticky gasket?  You can pick up a tube of adhesive sealant in any hardware store or even WalMart.  RTV, gasket maker, whatever, it can go by different names.  You need to get out of the house and go look.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
bluesbabybones 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2005 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
i didnt miss any of the info i got it was all very helpful. i just wanted to know if there any where else other than online to get the stuff. the hurricane nuts in particular. i like to do a little research on things before i go out and do them thats why i mentioned not seeing anything online for lowes or home depot.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2005 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
I guarantee you Home Depot and Lowes both carry what you need.  Look in the Hardware dept. for T-nuts, in the Paint dept. (probably) for gasket material and/or caulk.  Better yet, try a local small hardware store, like a True Value or Orchard Supply.  The folks who work in those places are usually pretty helpful and know what they're talking about.
Support the12volt.com
bluesbabybones 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2005 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
ok thanks alot. sorry about all of the questions
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2005 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  

bluesbabybones wrote:
ok thanks alot. sorry about all of the questions

No problem that's how you learn!  Beginner Question Sub Mounting - Page 2 -- posted image.

Support the12volt.com
bluesbabybones 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2005 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
very trueBeginner Question Sub Mounting - Page 2 -- posted image. thanks again i appreciate it. cant wait to get started tomorrow.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic