icon

Battery Charger/12v Regulator/Power controller for

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Rimmer 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2002 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

I need a circuit diagram for a 12v battery charger/controller for a caravan.  These units are often refered to as Ziggs (after one of the prominent manufacturers I presume.)

The Zigg not only charges the caravan battery but also provides/regulates 12volts to all the low voltage appliances on board.

The one I have has blown up big time with burnt-out transistors and diodes so I want to start from scratch and construct another one.   Any circuit diagrams for these sort of units would be much appreciated.

crroush 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2002 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  

can't you just replace the burnt up components, and do a trace on the board to construct a "new" circuit diagram??? or is the board completely melted??  Also, how did this happen????? never heard of a ZIGG burning up in a caravan before.   Then again, I am not sure I have heard of a ZIGG either!! heh.

Craig

Rimmer 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2002 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your interest in my problem.  No dont think it is a good idea to replace the burnt out components as a couple for the 'faulty components are i/cs (chips) and cannot identify them,   There are also some burnt out transistors and diodes and unless you find out what went wrong with the circuit then replacements are sure to burn out as well.

Rimmer

crroush 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2002 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
Most likely when IC chips burn up and other things burn up, current usually went somewhere it wasn't intedend to go, causing a thermal breakdown of one of the components.  Maybe contacting the manufacture and asking them either for the schematic, or heck, going to the www.uspto.gov and searching for their patent and looking at the schematic there, you could reconstruct one at min. cost.  But I am not sure what kind of S/N ratio and board tolerances the ZIGG has.  Good luck, let me know your outcome. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic