icon

Hifonics Opinions?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2005 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
Is Phoenix Gold a better sq amp than Hifonics?
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
munchichee 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 5:24 AM / IP Logged  
In that case I'd just uninstall the amp and power everything with the blue led's. No point in wasting any space or having to deal with that heavy thing.
arrow12 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
What is that supposed to mean?
wardrebel 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
i ordered the Hifonics XX-Maxximus 10 Kilowatt Amplifier to run on my Kicker SoloX 18 according to specs it is supposed to push 10,000 watts at 2ohms but knowing they are kinda overrated i am looking in the range of 8,000 watts outta the amp but either way it will be loud i was running a MA Audio HK4000D so i hope this amp will give me more than that one the MA wasn't bad but not enough power for the sub
live loud
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
You're asking questions that will lead to people giving their opinions on different amps. Some amps are crap, and everybody usually agrees, Audiobahn for example. There are a lot of "middle of the pack" amps. Then there are some, McIntosh for example, that are a cut above the rest, IF you want to, or can pay the money for them. I'd suggest going to a shop and listening to several amps and decide for yourself. As far as Hifonics goes, I have one. It is a little bit overrated on the power, but it still has plenty of power for me, considering what I had to pay for it. I'd recommend them to anybody for everyday use, but not for competition. Just my 2 cents. 
'85 Toy
arrow12 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
I know I need to listen too them, but I just wanted to know if I was wasting my time looking at Hifonics.  Thanks fro all the input though because I really appreciate it.
dirt_jumper54 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
some people might think hifonics is a waste of time and some might love them. so your better off taking a listen for your self to decide.
ps: i reckon a 7-10db increase from the blue LED light lol
nicjr 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  

I have 2 2005 model ts-w306 DVC pioneer 12's, with a Hifonics zeus zx6000 amplifier.... the subs are 400 rms and 1000 max.... the amp puts out 300 rms per sub @ 2 ohms... if you wire up the subs up properly you can tear the house down... this is mostly a SQ setup but for some reason these subs act extraordinary with hifonics amps...

all of this went into the back of a 1988 camaro (which is a hatchback) with 50 sq feet of Fatmat ,a 2.0 power acoustic digital cap, and a 1.6 cubic ft per chamber ported box, which was sprayed with rhino liner to give it some beef and make it black to match the carpet.....

If you want need a good amp for SPL or on a budget.... you can stick with hifonics..... they make very good Mono amps which are the Brutus' and then there is still the Zues's with come in a variety of channel and watts... 1000 rms, 600 rms, 200 rms or 5 4 or 2 channels.... but if your a sound nut and you have some money you can stretch for the XX amps.... which come in 2400 , 3200 , 5000 , and 10,000     i dont know how mush $$$ the 2400 and 3200 cost.... but the 5K and 10K amps cost a buck a watt..... so do the math....

Moral of the story, whatever your needs Hifonics will meet them... whether its SPL SQ or Cost....

ps.... The neon badge on the amp is awesome... and so is that Maxxsonics logo on the bass knob staring at you while you drive..

arrow12 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
So would you have to say that Hifonics is a relatively good SQ amp?
altoncustomtech 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2005 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
Well... IMO the Generation XX are a great SQ amp.  I have a Generation XX Olympus and Colossus and they're absolutely outrageous.  I bought them after listening to a Mitsubishi Montero with the same amps and speakers.  I was extremely impressed and could not find anything in the same price range that sounded that good, at least around here that is.  Southwest Indiana isn't exactly high end audio country.  Had to drive 6 hours all the way to Montgomery IL, near Chicago to find a Hifonics dealer.  I've not heard the Titan, Zeus or Brutus amps in the real world, but if they are even half as good as the Generation XX's I think they'll have to do you well.  I like the big brands along with anyone else, but if you're wanting a budget system that still sounds great I think it will be very hard to find anything to compete for the price of the Titan, Zeus or Brutus series.
2004 F-150:
Pioneer DEH-P2000
Profile Clarus CL440 & CA600M
Audiobahn AS68Q 5x7 (2 pair)
Audiobahn AS1051SE 10"
EFX Scosche 4 Guage 2 amp kit
1998 Chevrolet Venture Van
Pioneer DEH-P670MP
Hi
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.