icon

window roll up chevy colorado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
78musicman 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2005 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if there were another way to install window roll up without feeding wires though the door.This truck has door to body and door to door connecters ,so there is no way of feeding though the door without removing the door and drilling a hole though the connecter.And if i was to pull the door can all 4 be hooked up (windows)for drivers door.I understand the the # of modules needed for depending on the 2-4 and up or down or both.
colorado tap the rockies
demonpossessedn 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2005 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
as far as I know there isnt a way without feeding the wire in the door. the wires have to lbe interfaced between the window switch and the window motor. you can try what i did there was a rubber gromet in the door jam, i pulled it out and fed the wires through the gromet and replced the gromet after i had the wires throught(it also helped that i braided the wire from the 530t module) if your drivers door have controls for all the windows you would like to controll. then you can hook up all windows.
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2005 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
Your gonna have to go into each door, and as you stated pop the connectors out and drill a hole to run the wire through. No need to remove the whole door if that's what your saying. Only takes an extra minute or two not a big deal. Good luck,
Mike
78musicman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2005 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
So do you have to go through each door for that window or can you get all from master switch in the drivers door.And i think you have to drill trough the one in the door and the one to the body which i think is not acessible with door on.Input helps
colorado tap the rockies
78musicman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2005 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
was looking for any more help before this post fades out far away.
colorado tap the rockies
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2005 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
you could get the wires for all for windows at the master switch but one or two windows might lag to roll up so it's best to go into all doors,and run your power and ground to the battery use 10ga. wire to cancel any problem you might encounter.good luck.
ihookitup4u 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 3:16 AM / IP Logged  
My info tells me that you have to go into each door due to the fact that it is a data controlled system. there should only be data wires in the drivers door for the other doors according to my info and there for it is telling me to be safe to go to each doors direct motor wires no the stitch wires to do windows. But no dont pull the door off the connectors will come out unough to blast a hole through a empty corner of the plastic them snap em back in take your time and pull the kick all apart and the door panel be yourself some slack and free up the harhess plugs some and blast em.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic