icon

entire system no power!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eltaur2000 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
I have a Kenwood KAC 7252 Bridgged to 2 L5's 12" subs ported box. When it got intalled 3 days ago It worked fine we even tested high volumes to make sure the amp would hold up. The amp did not shut donw eveything was working fine. Today I pounded on the wayto friends house and on thw way back it worked. Getting close to my house i turned up the volume but nothing unresanoble that I hadnt tried before. All of a sudden everything shuts down!!!!!!!!!!! The stereo the amp the subs the entire system no power. The stereo is a Piooner 6800 it was completely shut down. No power what's ever anywere I started freking out. I dony care about the stero or the amp but the speakers were allot of money. I was wondering if there was anyway I could have damaged my speakers. Could I have blown my speakers Is that how they usually blow? There was no distortion or anyhting just the the same loud bass. I just want to make sure my subs are fine. And would could have happened that killed all my power????????????????? The other functions in the car were fine it was just the stereo system.   
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  

Have you made the very simple task of visually testing fuses? Check the factory fuse for the radio and the main power lead for the amp, that should be under the hood near the battery.

If this a shop install you should take it back to the shop that installed it before touching anything. They may void any warranty that is included in their work if they find any evidence of you tampering with it.

sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
Have to agree with dwarren on this one, sounds like you just blewn a lot of fuses, and if it is a shop that installed it and its only three days old, dont even worry about it, it should definitely should be covered under whatever warranty they give you, for now just consider it their problem.
eltaur2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you for youre responses but the speakers I bought on ebay and the work was done by a frined of mine. So I have absolutley no safety net. I just want to know my subs are fine evrything else is replaceable. Thank you
sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  
Well if you are really worried about your subs (although they sound like they should be just fine), just go ahead and meter the voice coils, simplest way to check for blown ones.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  

Did your head unit go out? If so i bet thats the only problem, just check the radio for power.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
eltaur2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
I found the blow fuse in my system and eveything powered back up thank god. No permanent damged. The fuse I blew was the one of the car that powers the stereo. What can cause this? How can I fix this problem? The stereo fuse was fine and so was the power cable that comes form the the battery. The car fuse was the one that was blown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
What changed or what were you doing when it blew?  What do you have powered off this circuit?
Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic