icon

Best Setup fpr 02 Expedition

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mcadle 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2005 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
I hope some of you will have a few ideas.  I want to get the best setup for my custom '02 Eddie Bauer Expedition.  It has the factory auto-locks with the keypad.  I do not want to lose the key pad and the smart driver settings. I have a lot of video and audio equip now and want to deter getting ripped off.   So, I want a solid alarm.  I need the auto locks and would like auto start.  Also, I would like it to retain the auto adjusting of the seats, mirrors, and pedals as set to the driver.  Currently, when you hit unlock on the remote it moves everything to your settings if they are different. Other than that, I am open.  It would be neat if it could open the rear hatch too.  Whats the best brand that can do all of this? Cost?  I don't mind spending money on the alarm and to have it installed, but I don't want to waste it either.
ihookitup4u 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 2:30 AM / IP Logged  
DEI has many alarms with a his and hers settings built into them so you can do you auto memory setting for you and her. Just look around alittle the setting are tricky if you are going to program yourself, there is a bitwriter tool that makes it alot easier that pros have. But just look around DEI sells them under many names, Clifford, viper, hornet, valet, sidewinder and a few more even it is just going to be one of there better ones prolly in the $2-300 range with his hers start hatch pop and all that.
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
I prefer clifford.They have units that offer you everything at one time,plus alot of owner controllable features..
"ole blake"
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
I personally prefer clifford,but that's my opinion.They alot of owner controllable features to include the blackjack feature..
"ole blake"
dhawthrone 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
mcadle.  I have a 2000 EB Expy and just purchased a Code Alarm CA-630 from kcautosound.com It was prewired by the owner and came with the remote start bypass for around $250 including ground shipping.  This was my first alarm install and took me about 6 hours.  With the prewire, this alarm is very easy to install,  most of my time was spent reading install instructions about a million times before very carefully splicing into my wires.  All the EB features you mentioned are still available except for priorty driver door unlock, and illuminated entry, but I think this is due to my own programming errors and i haven't taken the time to go back and fix.  Has a ton of features too. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic