icon

what alarms to get?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kundi13 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged  
hi, i have a clio 1996, i want to fit in a good decent alarm, a automatic boot release and automatic central locking system contacted with the alarm all controlled by a remote control. what do i require? thanks.
kundi
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  
I recommend clifford.The units are real popular in the UK.Especially on Ebay UK..
"ole blake"
kundi13 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  

thanks for that, im abit baffled at the moment because i dont know nothing about alarms. if you could tell me how the alarms will look like eg from a site and what to purchase that would help. 

but will it also control the boot release and also the central locking system???

kundi
Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 5:25 AM / IP Logged  
Except if you buy them from ebay your going to get shafted when you try to get them installed.
www.evolutionice.com
kundi13 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 5:31 AM / IP Logged  
what if i get the stuff from ebay and then get it fitted from a car alarm shop. do you think that would be acceptable?
kundi
Evolution-UK 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
you will probably pay over the odds.
I had a guy who bought an alarm from ebay and i charged him the standard rate for installation. In total it cost him £40+vat per hour (3 hours) £120+v: £141 + (£180 he paid for the alarm) £321
I would have supplied and installed the alarm for £250 + i would have given him full warranty with it. If you dont buy the alarm through the correct channels then you dont get any warranty.
Support the dealers and you will get support back. Buy from Ebay and you have no comebacks
kundi13 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  

i agree with that. but the alarm that i am hoping to get is only about £30 from ebay. what do you think of this item??? (link below)

http:///.co.uk/REMOTE-START-CENTRAL-LOCKING-BOOT-OPEN-CAR-ALARM_W0QQitemZ8009073640QQcategoryZ75329QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

kundi
Evolution-UK 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
Thats because it's junk mate. I was offered these from a supplier recently. Built in china from some very suspect looking components.
Remote start wont work on your car as it has a built in immobiliser( you will need additional parts ). And it's not designed for manual vehicles so there is no Neutral safty system.
The old sayings "If something looks to good to be true then it usually is" and "You only get what you pay for" come into play.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
Be REALLY carefull with purchasing anything off of e-bay. Keep looking around...friends of friends, ETC. youll find someone to give you a good deal, on good product....don't buy off of e-bay.
kundi13 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  

ok then i trust you on this mate. cheers.

just incase i dont get ripped off, how much should a alarm system (includin boot release button and central locking system) the one i wont cost? and how much shall the fitting cost roughly?

thanks mate been very helpful.

kundi
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic