Valet 562T, 2000 Nissan Maxima, RS Prob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
platinumshift 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  

Alright here is my problem:

I have the two starter wires hooked up to the respective wires on the starter so that the starter kill works. (GREEN/ Purple) (I had them separate using relays but still had the same problem)

Now what is happening is that when i stick the key into the ignition and turn to the ON position the car starts to crank. When I try to start using the remote it cranks then stops rather violently. All wires are connected properly and to the correct ignition wire, etc. I heard that these cars have an ignition back feed?!? Any Ideas?

Thank you;...........In desperation.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  

Havent seen that problem with that year Maxima, older Altimas YES

The fix was.....a relay to "break" the factory starter wire. Pin 85 gets ground while running from your R/S unit, pin 86 gets fused 12v, 87a gets the car side of the factory starter wire, pin 30 gets the key side of the factory starter wire.

The remote start wire from your unit MUST go on the car side...NOT the key side!

platinumshift 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  

Ahhh this makes sence - however there are two starter wires. Do I need a relay for each side?

Is this similar to http://www.velocitymotorsport.com/index_main.html ?

KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  

Starter wire x2...problem x2....resolutionx2Valet 562T, 2000 Nissan Maxima, RS Prob -- posted image.

better to be safe than sorry

platinumshift 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  

Great Thanks;

I'm not sure if you are familiar with DEI products but the Valet 562T doesnt have a "ground when running" wire. It has:

Blue (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT -> Remote start auxiliary harness

ORANGE / Black (-) ANTI-GRIND OUTPUT/GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT -> Remote start ribbon harness

I am inclined to think that the correct wire is the ORANGE / Black but I would like a second oppinion and DEI tech support is closed Valet 562T, 2000 Nissan Maxima, RS Prob -- posted image.

I think this because the BLUE is often used to activate the 556U bypass module, or any bypass module for that matter.

KarTuneMan 
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
In the DEI world.....status output=ground while running. Part of my dislike of DEI.....lets call it what it isValet 562T, 2000 Nissan Maxima, RS Prob -- posted image.
platinumshift 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
ok Great, I tried the one using the diagram from velocity and it still didnt work. I will try yours and hope that it works. I'm at my witts end with this car Valet 562T, 2000 Nissan Maxima, RS Prob -- posted image.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  

Jeff, you really need to go to the tech seminar this week.... status has always been GWR on DEI products...... heck they even give you two of them on all the newer models, like the Valet 562T        

GWA refers to the starter kill relay trigger only.....

also, i'm just curious... the vehicle comes with a transponder key anyway, why are you wasting positive energy trying to hook up starter kill?

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
platinumshift 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
Alright that didnt work either - Is it possible that the relay pack (this is using that mini XRS relay pack) is perminantly latched? and causing it to send power to the start wire as soon as it is in the ON position. I have checked & re-checked that the 2 wires that I am connecting the Purple starter output wire to are in fact the starter wires.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
you arent using the small 4 wire plug that plugs into the relay pack are you? and have those secondary negative trigger wires grounded do you?
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic