icon

Installed system, now No A/C or Heat

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Big Josh 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2002 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed my system in my 2002 F150 truck and didn't want to run the wires through the door.  So I just spliced into the wires that were stated as the front left spkrsInstalled system, now No A/C or Heat - Last Post -- posted image..  When I spliced into them I've noticed that I don't have any A/C or heat!  I know I made a stupid mistake by splicing into them, but the HUGE mistake I was told I did was cut them at the same time.  By doing that it would short out that device.  The wires it showed as the front left spkrs were Org/Lt.grn & Lt.blue/Wht.  Well there was 3 sets of those wires.  So I tried to splice the 1st set, spkrs didn't work.  The 2nd set, spkrs didn't work still.  So then I just said forget it and ran them through the door.  Now I don't have the A/C or Heat.  I've checked the fuses, A/C diode, but I don't know how to check if the relay is good. How do I do that?  Also does anyone know what other fuses there are that run with what I'm talking about? I have air blowing at all speeds but on A/C its cooler, and heat it's like normal air.  I'm thinking it 's the blend door, but how do I check that? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!Installed system, now No A/C or Heat - Last Post -- posted image.
icewired 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2002 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
Never heard of that happening. If you touched the positive and negative speaker wires the works that might happen is a blown radio fuse, but I'd check all you fuses in the car and also Under the hood.
Big Josh 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2002 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  

Well I think that the wires I cut weren't actually the spkr wires. They must of been something else.  They seemed to be a tiny bit thicker than the normal spkr wires.  But I've even checked all fuses under the hood and under the dash.  That's why it just baffles me.  I don't know what else to check.  Do you know what actual fuses are used in making the A/C & heater? Someone help me, thanks icewired.  I don't know what to do.

Big Josh

Josh
beerstud136 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
okay, so logic says if you cut the wires, then just splice them back toghter. you probably mentioned it already, and i'm sure you probably already did that, but let me know what wires you cut, ill tell you what they are. (colors)
beerstud136 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
actually, i was just thining. if there were THREE sets of wiring, then they definatly arent for your audio, and im sure we have established that, but if you ran a current through them trying to test the speakers then you must have either fried or shorted something. if you can tell me exactly which wires you cut and where they are located i will probably be able to point you in the right direction in terms of what went wrong, because even if your a/c / heat fuses are still good, there is a very good chance something else shorted out first
Aznpanther98 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2002 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
if it's in the door i don't think that has any wires relating to the ac/heat i dunno much about ur truck so don't go by me, best way to find out is get the wireing diagram like in a matenence manual that shows the wires in the door my friends 95 integra had a problem with the heating, there was no heat comin out and what i found out was the cable to the tempereature adjustment was loose and basiacally couldn't pull the cable to open the heating vent, i couldn't fix it b/c i couldnt get into the back of the controls but all he had to do was pull the switch on the vent itself under the passenger dash, maybe that might help in solving ur heating problems

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic