icon

Best Subwoofer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tmeador 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
I currently own a 97' Chenrolet Tahoe 2 dr. I have a Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit, MB Quart Reference Series 6.5 component set, MB Quart Premium 4" in rear and 1 10" JL Audio W7 in sealed enclosure. I was thinking about purchasing another subwoofer and was wondering if I should go with another W7 or change my type of subwoofer completely.
t.m
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
Are you going to change amps too?
There is no such thing as free installation!
rottenbelly 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
What are u after more bass or just louder , better sq,more impact?
rottenbellys 05 crew cab colorado.Pioneer dehp 880prs, kenwood excelon in all 4 doors. Bazooka 500 mono Jl 10w3 in coustom center console box.
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  

Looking at your system there my first thought is add an amp to the first W7 you've got.

Seriously, what do you want to accomplish?  No reason to mismatch your subs unless you're going for a different sound.  You should be able to get a good amount of output from that single driver.

downstarinc 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
keep the jl w7 and buy another 10" w7 and get a jl audio 1000/1..go to jl website and get the specs for that sub in a ported box...that set up will pound and hit real clean..its about $1000 for both the sub and amp if you know where to look and it will def. complete your system.
jl audio..nuff said
emergeman 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
 How you use your equipment is at least as important as the brand. And with a W7 youve got the brand covered. So if it were me before I spent any money on more gear I would make sure I was getting all I could out of what I have. What size is the box the W7 is in ? What amp is driving it ? Where is it located ?
Been there, done that, just can't remember it.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
No JL dealer on earth is going to sell you a 1000/1 AND a 10" W7 for $1000. Get real.
There is no such thing as free installation!
downstarinc 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
well if your just some joe schmo goin into your local stereo shop i agree with you...but if you get it at cost then $1000 is just about right..NOW THATS REAL!
jl audio..nuff said
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
If you are involved in this industry, you have no business posting this kind of information. To me is sounds as though you are the Joe Schmo that does not know what he is talking about. $1000 for both....give me a break please. Nice way to purvey inaccurate information to people. In the future please keep comments like the one you made to yourself, especially if you are employed in this business. If you are, I'm sure that your employer would not take to kind to this kind of information being passed around.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
tmeador 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2005 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry as I forgot to include all information when I was in a rush. My W7 is currently powered by a 500/1. I use an active crossover made by Clif Designs and a 5 farad capacitor (for future upgrades). The W7 is in a sealed enclosure measuring 1.25 cu. ft and designed according to JL's specs. The only descrepency is that I used 1" MDF instead of 3/4" as recommended. Powered is supplied to the amp via a 1/0 Power cable and 4 ga ground cable. My head unit is a Pioneer AVH-P7700DVD. My goal is better sound quality if possible. Also my MB Quart Refernce 6.5 component set is powered by a Rockford Fosgate 551S amp.
t.m
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic