the12volt.com spacer
icon

2002 impala RKE problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2002 impala that came standard with a remote keyless entry system.It will not work.The BCM and RKE fuses are good and I have tried programming the remotes with no luck.CAn anyone tell me where the receiver and other RKE related components are located?Any help on this matter would be gratly appreciated.Oh in case this is any help the door lock buttons work.It just acts like the receiver is not getting the signal from the remote.I have also tried the FOB PROG programming using the radio  with no luck either.

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  

You might want to find a 12 Volt Shop that has a REMOTE Frequency checker.  It is a device that checks to see if the Remote is sending a RF Signal.   Also are you sure the Remote is for that Vehicle?

RKE ModuleBEHIND CENTER OF DASH, NEXT TO LIGHT SENSOR

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
With this car I'm not sure of anything.My girlfriend bought it used from a dealership.We went to a chevy dealer and bought a new remote that was suppose to be for that car but it did not work either.I was told to program it by holding the lock and unlock buttons down until I hear a beep from the horn.It does not do anything.Is there an antanna for the receiver?If so where is it located.I guess to get to this receiver I have to go in from the bottom of the dash.What does it look like?I am great with electrical stuff,but the only reason I'm doing this is because they told me it would cost 500+dollars to track down the problem.Anyway thanks for the help.
Montrealler 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
   Document ID# 682874
2002 Chevrolet Impala       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transmitter Programming
Important: All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.
Install a scan tool.
Use the scan tool in order to access programming: Vehicle Control System/Computer Integrating System/Module Setup/BCM/Program Key Fobs.
Press the START soft key on the scan tool.
Important: The scan tool must stay connected until all of the transmitters are programmed.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of 5-10 seconds, the scan tool will indicate that the transmitter is programmed.
Repeat the previous step in order to program up to 4 transmitters.
Remove the scan tool.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Document ID# 682874
2002 Chevrolet Impala       
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  

51669 wrote:
< language=>postamble(); I was told to program it by holding the lock and unlock buttons down until I hear a beep from the horn.It does not do anything..

this is the procedure to re sync the remotes. this is not the programming sequence. you need a tech 2 to program the remotes. any dealer whould program the remotes for an hours labor. we do it for a half hour here, but most charge an hour.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic