icon

How to bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Em12986 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2005 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
if you go on ebay, theres auctions for info on unlucking them.... this is the exact info that is sold:
-
The Real AVIC Bypass
Disclaimer: You purchased the information, not the results of the information, if you are not comfortable with electronics then do not continue, there are no refunds and I am not responsible with what you do with this information
Background: What people do not know is that the AVIC-N2/D1 is the same in every country, although in every country other then the US you can watch DVD’s and use all of your Navigation features. A question my electronics shop asked ourselves was, if the hardware is the same, the software is the same they what is the AVIC missing to keep you from being able to use all of its features. Other bypass’s make you use 3-6 switches and relays and opening up the brain to the unit or cutting the GPS wire.
Solution: All that’s needed is one wire….The difference between all the units in the other country is they have a wire connecting two different processors and this is how you do it.
AVIC- N2: On the Dash unit not the Brain underneath the unit is a small silver sticker, peel this back. There are two contacts with the label "R197" or label “F197” there should be two soldier points loop a wire between those two points AND DONE!!!! Everything bypassed, THE REAL WAY TO DO IT.
AVIC-D1: Find an extra Pioneer wire harness, and pull one of the wires out. Or, if you do not use the A.ANT lead, pull that out of the harness. In the AVIC-D1 harness, there is one open spot on the connector (next to the ground wire). Put the wire into the open spot on the connector, connect the other side to ground, then re-connect the plug to the AVIC-D1. Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire (or connect to a toggle switch if you feel the need).
Before you continue please read:
Your warranty will be voided unless you keep this mod very clean so you can undo it and they will never even notice that you did it, our Pioneer rep actually is the person who filled me in on this information. Also, Use 26 Gauge (or something close) and this is very important: DO NOT DROP SOLDIER, if you look carefully, there are traces around these two points that absolutely cannot be contacted. It was hard for me to do because these points were so small and that the wire was so thin. It is best to use a soldering iron that has a super fine tip and heats up better then most…if you feel uncomfortable with this process then take it to a electronics or computer repair shop and they could do it for you in 5 minutes and for around $5 bucks….be very careful, b/c if you touch these traces I do not know what will happen or want to know what will happen...this is like most mods, it’s a very simple mod (the easiest type you can find) although like anything a lot is at stake and could go wrong, please, if you do not feel comfortable doing this then DON’T, spending an extra $5 is worth it to get it done right…

Have not did it myself but have heard from a few people on the internet
Em12986 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2005 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2005 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
This is great info, and while it is appreciated I am sure, it has been floating around on this board now for about 3 months. But hey, thanks for taking the time to past all the same!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic