icon

Deck Upgrade Suggestions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TruckSystem 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2005 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
Considering upgrading my Alpine deck to something better. I have locally, a shop that deals Alpine and Pioneer stuff, and a shop somewhat near where I work that deals Eclipse, and the major box stores which I don't normally shop for car audio. They all have other stuff too but that is the only brands I would consider out of the choices. I only buy car audio at brick and mortar, I happen to like warranties and the generally better service I get at them, even though I do my own installs.
SQ is by far most important, I also have no need for an onboard amplifier so without would be fine. MP3 CD capability is necessary, MP3 DVD reader would be even better. Three preouts also required. Doesn't need to have fancy flip down stuff or what not, actually prefer something without. Something that matches well with the black interior around that area would be nice too, but not required. Given that information and my current system setup stated below, any opinions on make and model? Also would need to stay at or around $300 if possibly, I would be selling my current deck in order to fund like half of the upgrade.
I could also consider an equilizer for the space below my current deck, but would that really help much at all? My last option would be to instead sound deaden my doors and possibly other areas, not sure if this would be a better choice then a new deck though, hence my asking here.
Thanks in advance.
2003 Chevrolet Silverado Standard Cab ~ Alpine CDA-9851
Diamond Audio D3600.1 ~ 2x Diamond Audio TM310D4
Diamond Audio D3400.4 ~ Diamond Audio Hex S600s
AstroStart RS5204 Remote Start/Alarm
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 26, 2005 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  

the only thing I can see being any kind of an issue....is staying around 300 bucks...youv got some GOOD equipment in all the other ares....why settle?

It's only as good as the weekest link (a 300$ radio)

TruckSystem 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2005 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  
The $300 isn't set in stone, just not sure how I can get the wife to agree to more yet. Suggestions above that are fine, but I can't afford to be dropping like $1,000 on just a deck for sure.
I think I have around $1,600 into the entire system as of now, including wiring, fuse holder and distro block (both JL), and sub boxes, with the Alpine deck being about $200 of that. I figured a deck that cost around 1/4 ($300-400) of the rest of the system would be pretty proportional, if not I can dedicate some time to coming up with a bit more, if only someone would buy the truck sitting in my garage!
2003 Chevrolet Silverado Standard Cab ~ Alpine CDA-9851
Diamond Audio D3600.1 ~ 2x Diamond Audio TM310D4
Diamond Audio D3400.4 ~ Diamond Audio Hex S600s
AstroStart RS5204 Remote Start/Alarm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic