icon

Angel Eyes alternative

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blazoner 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2005 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
a possible alternative to the expense of angel eyes.  i found it here- http://www.crx.lt/content.php?article.13  tell me what you think.  sounds like a fun project.
1996 Mazda Miata M1 is my playtoy!
cowboy21 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 3:22 AM / IP Logged  

hi i sore this site a few years back, only recently i went and did it, it took all day but i added a twist to it, i installed tri-colored leds and connected them to my multi color underbody led kit, so it can match the same color and also there is a switch to make them white at anytime

Angel Eyes alternative -- posted image.

cowboy21 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 3:24 AM / IP Logged  
cowboy21 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 3:34 AM / IP Logged  
mickey1031 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 5:28 AM / IP Logged  

looks nice cowboy,

I have thought of doing this after reading a diffrent site about how to make your own. this link here has more detail. But i have to ask are your lights sealed now?

On the monte carlos i have see where they take out the orange reflector on the head lights so that the turn signals are clear and then replace the bulb with a amber bulb so it is nicer looking.

and the lights have to come apart for that to. I just dont want to make the head lights fog up on my car all the time.

just a man trying to make a nice toy car out of a monte carlo SS
cowboy21 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 5:01 AM / IP Logged  
thank you, yes i have sealed them again, i have no problem what so ever with them fogging up, if u follow the instructions on that crx site it should all work out fine, my only concern is that if a led was to fail in any color i would have to open it to fix it and that would rally bother me but they seem to be holding up, just make sure u take all precautions like heat shrink over everything, good soldering and so on, and yes i have seen the amber film removed and i must say it does look nice on certain cars.
modest yet effective... ECLIPSE 12", Venom 8"x2, Focal 5 1/2" comp.,Response amps x2 (580WRMS total @ 4Ohms), Pioneer TFT + DVD, good for 148.7dB
mickey1031 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 5:32 AM / IP Logged  

yeah if they fail it would suck. LOL

I was looking at mine to see if i can find a way to do them where i could pull them out of the head light again later if needed . Over here in Germany they have the ones for the BMW's and they are flexabel enough to squeeze threw a small slit on the head lights. I was thinking if i could use those and shove them threw the bulb opening it might rok to where i could get them in there but not sure i would get them back out after i did it LOL

cowboy21 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
i guess if they did fail the worst thing i would have to do is make them again, and so be it, they look nice, i know how they are done now so bah
modest yet effective... ECLIPSE 12", Venom 8"x2, Focal 5 1/2" comp.,Response amps x2 (580WRMS total @ 4Ohms), Pioneer TFT + DVD, good for 148.7dB
mickey1031 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

this is true in that case you could mod it difrently if you wanted to the next time also.

Mabe while the rod is hot give it a twist also so it has a twisted rib effect to it with it not being round any way. Makes me wonder what it would look like lit up. Might have to see what i can do with it i plan to buy a few extra rods for mine when i do it so if i burn the rods or screw them up some how i can just keep working instead of having to go get new ones. also i know a few here that are looking at doing the same thing also.

blazoner 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
remember, with these instructions you're cutting off a long extension of the rods.  it looks like it would be fairly easy to allow the extensions to protrude from the lens assembly, thereby making the LED assembly readily available.  just a thought. Angel Eyes alternative -- posted image.
1996 Mazda Miata M1 is my playtoy!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic