icon

trunk enclosure around the edge

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
strifepeddler 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2005 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
I want to make an enclosure for my trunk, there is nothing in the way at all just a nice round opening at the trunk, the problem is i dont know how i would get the fiberglass around where the black seal is to keep out the rain, how would i go about doing that?  any help would be great. thanks guys
im new!
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2005 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  

Is it me or does your question make zero sense?  We're glad to help if we can understand what you're asking. 

Try expanding on what you mean by "round opening at the trunk," "around the black seal," what kind of enclosure, what kind of car, etc.  Pictures would be helpful too.

branvw 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2005 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

ok i think i know what he needs, i asked the same kind of questions for the miata job i am doing..... i still dont know how i could have done it better.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=64273&PN=1

Tegpilot 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2005 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

Boulder, I think he is being sarcastic saying "the only thing in the way of his progress is that their is really nothing in the way"  "big round hole, ect".  

Strife, are you wanting your glass to come all the way up to the seal, all the way around the opening?  Like a full trunk  project?  If so build your MDF frame and rings and enclosure in the trunk.  Stretch your fleece from the top of the rings out around the whole opening of the trunk, oh yeah remove the block rubber seal first.  After you have it stretched out and hanging over the opening, put the seal back on over the fleece as tightly as possible then resin right up to the seal, when dry, remove the seal and cut away the soft-non hardened- fleece.  Hope that helps, and of course is what you are wanting to do!  

I'm sure somebody has a better way of doing it, and explaining it, but hey I gave it a shot! 

99 INTEGRA LS 4DR Forest Green.Alpine CDA9857 Deck. JBL 755.6 AMP, Kappa 50.7cs Front, Kappa 6x9's Rear, 4 JBL GTO804 subs

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic