the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Similiar 561t's?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mobilevt 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2005 at 4:06 AM / IP Logged  

Wondering if there are any Remote Start units like the Valet 561t's.  This unit is the only one that I know that remote starts vehicles using +/- inputs thus far.  Are there any other units with or without remotes that can do this? 

Thanks, Sean

Emergency Vehicle Technician
Got Freedom? Thank a vet!
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2005 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
tere area few others oyther like the valet. i have used the code alarm ones b4 never had problmes with them. teh valet one is a good unit. what are you acutly lookign for and to do waht.
mobilevt 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2005 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

What I'm looking for is the ability to use the OEM transmitter to do the remote start.  If there are other remote start units that can take a outside trigger, I would like to add that in consideration.  I do like the Viper 791's but with a single 2 way remote, that leaves out letting others use the vehicle without the remote.  I wish the 791 allows outside trigger to disarm & remote start the vehicle but probably too much to ask.

As for my daily habits, the vehicle is never more than 1/8th of a mile away except when garaged at home so security is a low priority while the remote start is.

It would be NICE to know the status if the engine's running or not, etc which makes the 2-way attractive as it's impossible to know if the engine's running out of sight without it.

Sean

Emergency Vehicle Technician
Got Freedom? Thank a vet!
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 6:09 AM / IP Logged  
if i am reading your post right, you have a 791 installed. but thinking" of adding a add on remote start, so you can use the OEM transmitters.
just buy another 791 remote, i think you can have 4 of them to a sytem. that be a lot cheapter then buy and installing an add on unit.
the factory OEM can start the 791. But as with a lot of OEM remotes once the car is started the buttons on the OEM wont work while car is running, so you wont be albe to unlock the car or shut down the remote start form the OEM remote if wanted to.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
The 791 is too expensive, and yes, it should come with a second remote.
Anyway, the Audiovox AS-9075A add-on remote start works very well. Just one unit with onboard relays. The customer activates it by pressing Lock, Unlock, then Lock.
The good thing about this is that during the Unlock stage, the customer has just disarmed his own factory alarm----so there's no need for you to hook up factory disarm, ever.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic