icon

2005 Honda Civic remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hyperlite137 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2005 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

HI I am installing a remote start into my wife's 2005 Honda Civic and I have a few questions.  First off on my wiring diagram its has the accessory and a second accessory wire, do I use both or just the first ?  Second the door triggers must be isolated with diodes, do I use 1N4001 diodes ?  And third I have to bypass the clutch.  I tested with the ignition on and none of the wires get 12V when pressed down or not pressed down, So to bypass this do I only have to connect the ground out when running wire from the remote start.  And how do I know which wire to use off of the clutch switch, there is a lt. blue and a black.  Any info would be great.

Thank you

tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2005 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
The diodes you are using are correct. You need to power up both of the accessories to avoid check engine lights and things like that. As far as the clutch bypass is concerned, you should use the ground out when running and a wire going to the start output from the r/s to trigger a relay, sending a negative start pulse to the clutch switch, if that is infact how your clutch switch works. To verify, find the wire that goes to ground when the clutch is pressed, unplug the switch, and ground out that wire as you turn the key. If it starts, then you are on the right wire. If not, try again. Make sure the car is in neutral when you do this, or your wifes car not starting itself will quickly become the least of your worries.
Northstart.....or start it your damn self.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 30, 2005 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
hyperlite137 wrote:
  And third I have to bypass the clutch.  I tested with the ignition on and none of the wires get 12V when pressed down or not pressed down, So to bypass this do I only have to connect the ground out when running wire from the remote start.  And how do I know which wire to use off of the clutch switch, there is a lt. blue and a black.  Any info would be great.
Best thing is NOT put it on.............
There is a device made by PERIPHERAL called a NSS ( Neutral Safety ByPass ) that will help
Once again:
I hope you understand the DANGER in what you are about to do.........
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic