icon

distribution block problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bballskilllz32 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
i am currently running a kicker 600.1 and a 350.4. i have a tsunami distribution block that runs one 4 gauge in, two 8 gauge out. there are two 60 amp cylinder fuses in the block for each split. the fuse for the power wire that runs into the mono amp keeps blowing after like 5-10 minutes of playing. i have a 120amp fuse under the hood. any idea what the problems can be? the fuses in the amp are fineand as soon as i change the fusein the block, it works for a little bit. any info would be a great help
Nick Bartolone
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  

what gauge wire are you running?  what type of ohm load are you pushing? be as specific as you can.

matt_attack 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 2:48 AM / IP Logged  
Upgrade the 8ga to 4ga and you should be good. at least that worked for me i had 1ga to a cap 4ga to a dist. block then 1ga to my amp and i stopped blowing fuses.
menace "i have a tsunami distribution block that runs one 4 gauge in, two 8 gauge out."
98 Cadillac Deville
Rollin stock 4 now
bballskilllz32 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
i have two kicker comp vrs dual 2 ohm voice coil, so both subs together produce a 2 ohm load
Nick Bartolone
steezs 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
can you ground to a distrobution block? And can you use a distrobution block for subs?( like if you want to use 8 guage for your subs in mono and its hard to squeeze 2, 8 guages to the positive and 2 to the negative)
the duce
tcbturbosux 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  

steezs...i have 6 P.A. KSW 10'' dual 4 ohms. from amps are 2 )  6 pos. dist .blocks feeding 10 ga. to  6 positives and 6 negatives on the subs.(block is 1-4 ga. in, 6- 8 ga. out) I would not pig tail any two wires in a sub terminal.

p.s. Ive proven the masses wrong...im running 3 subs per vented chamber....149.6spl street bass.

bballskilllz32... what are the fuses on each amp.try to match each amp to the dist.blk. make sure not to up-grade the fuses on your amps.

Uncle Gumby
steezs 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
Ya i was just asking if you could because it makes things easier then trying to squeeze 2 8 guage  from your amp out put and 2 from the negatives to feed 2 or more high powered subs in mono.
the duce

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic