icon

what do i need to install leds

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
psingh48 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
I am new and i would like to install led in my car, under dash board and both side, so i would c my foot while i am drving front both sides and under the seats for people who are sitting behind. Would u like to tell me what do i need so i can go to radio shack or fry to get all the stuff, i don't know much about regstor, i know i miss spelled. soon as i figure this out then after that i would like to set up , how to dimm those leds.
U guys could reach me at Parminder.singh@khalsa.com.
Thanks
Parminder Singh
cowboy21 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged  

ok, a few things i'd need to know to help you, are u starting from scratch (ie. wire, leds, resistors, mounting)? or buying premade kits and wiring them all together?

what color are you planing to go?

and as for dimming, leds don't really dimm very well, as u lower the volts, they just start flickering or just turn off depending on what type of leds.

i can help u further if u really want the help, i'll just need to know a bit more of what u want

jesussalvdr 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
I bassicaly need to know what resistor to use. I will be wiring some LEDs in place of my interior lights. so basically running off of 12 volts, what resistor would I be looking at to not blow the LEDs. They are white.
hey dude
Oznium 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
Probably 470 ohm (1/4 watt or larger)
cowboy21 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  

i'm running 390ohm 1/4w resistors on all my leds, regarless of color and they all work like a charm

modest yet effective... ECLIPSE 12", Venom 8"x2, Focal 5 1/2" comp.,Response amps x2 (580WRMS total @ 4Ohms), Pioneer TFT + DVD, good for 148.7dB

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic