icon

Code Alarm Remote start only?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Stu 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 6:13 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, i have a code alarm model ca-545 and would like to know if i can just hook it up as a remote start

without the alarm feature? I really don't need the alarm part and it would make it alot easier to install.

Thanks........Stu C.

pss5075104 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
you should be able to. just hook up the ing harness, brake wire, tach wire, power, ground, parking lights if u want them, door locks if you want them, hood pin if you want. and that should be about it.
D
MECP First Class Certified Installer.
Nothing is impossable, it's just more expensive.
Stu 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info,i will set it up as just the remote start and give it a try.
tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
If that alarm monitors the ignition, then its possible that    you could still set off the alarm if it is armed and you start it with the key. Even if you dont hook up the siren, the lights will still flash until you hit unlock. Try hooking it up and then puting it into valet mode and see if the starter portion sill works. If so, just leave it in Valet forever. If not, then you are just going to have to remember to unlock it if you go to start it and your lights flash.
Northstart.....or start it your damn self.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
I have a CA-545 in one of my personal cars, and I do like it.
A couple of tips:
1. You may or may not already know this, but the CA-545 is of no use unless you have the CA-425 Master Module to go along with it.
The CA-545 is just wiring, remotes, antenna, siren, and so forth-----the 425 is the main brain, along with some other wiring.
2. On those Code Alarms, to enter programming, the first step is that you must open a door. Therefore, you'll have to either hook up the door trigger correctly, or use a jumper wire to ground the door trigger input as you go into programming.
Stu 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  

Chris Luongo wrote:
I have a CA-545 in one of my personal cars, and I do like it.
A couple of tips:
1. You may or may not already know this, but the CA-545 is of no use unless you have the CA-425 Master Module to go along with it.
The CA-545 is just wiring, remotes, antenna, siren, and so forth-----the 425 is the main brain, along with some other wiring.
2. On those Code Alarms, to enter programming, the first step is that you must open a door. Therefore, you'll have to either hook up the door trigger correctly, or use a jumper wire to ground the door trigger input as you go into programming.

Yes i have the 425 master module and i have it partially installed,all the wires on the 6 pin starter harness and working on whatever else is needed on the 22 pin harness,tach,doors,lights etc. Would also like to hook up the wires for the rear window defroster.                                                         Thanks.......Stu.

Stu 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 5:52 AM / IP Logged  
Stu wrote:

Hi, i have a code alarm model ca-545 and would like to know if i can just hook it up as a remote start

without the alarm feature? I really don't need the alarm part and it would make it alot easier to install.

Thanks........Stu C.

I forgot to mention it is being installed on a 2005 Kia Spectra.

davidmmm 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2005 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
any news
kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
You'll also have to keep in mind that the 425 has a built in shock sensor, and yes, it does monitor the ignition, so you must unlock(disarm) it or the alarm will go off and your car wont start.
Keith

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic