icon

problem with 791XV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Atl_monte 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
I'll try that I jsut removed it....is this part covered by DEI? because I have to disassemble my car to deal with these type of alarm problems, so it would be very inconvient if this was to be an ongoing thing......
lathan 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
depends on where you bought it and if you installed it yourself if your not a certified installer, or an installer for the dealer it came from. Try unplugging the ribbon harness that comes from the brainbox that goes to the sat. relay pack. give it a few just to see if disengaging all signal and power helps, and if that dont work slap it down on its top. I've had four of them do this out of probably 90 or 95. I have only had to whack one though. I would definitly get it replaced if at all possible. good luck.
Lathan Hites
"I'm sorry, without a credit card I'll be requiring a stool sample"
Atl_monte 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
I bout it from an authorized dealer, but had an authorized dealer from another place install it, but I ended up redoing the whole install because the guy did a crappy job...hell as much as this system cost they should replace it no questions asked obviously quite a few are defective, why I had to get one is beyond me.....but my XCRS does have that toasted amp smell to it.....and I've tried disconnecting and all that stuff haven't tried it since I've been sitting here pissed waching it in my hand and varous other things....but like I said if it does work it would just prove that its the problem, I wouldn't feel confident to trust it, for anything other than temporary.....
Atl_monte 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
quick question...how can I add another starter interupt to a 791? what I plan to do is make a jumper wire for this XCRS....but I wanted an AUX stater interupt anyway....how much might I look to pay for a new XCRS if they don't replace it?
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  

check with a DMM ...there is a 4pin harness that plugs into the relay pack....there is a purple wire that is common with the negitive start activation off the ribbon cable.....the purple in the 4pin harness should show negitive trigger during remote start.....NoTe: if this wire see's ground.....the starter will crank.....something to try :-)

Where theres is a wire there's a way.
Atl_monte 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
yea I notice the spot for the 4 pin harness plug along with the 7 pin plug....but I only run the 7 pin harness....might explain why I've never been able to use my remote start
redpeppers 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  
no the 4pin harness is only for extra accessory...if u dont have it .....disregard what i said....but u can check the purple wire off the ribbon harness and see if it see's a negitive trigger during remote start....if it doesnt then u may have a bad brain or the 7pin harness may be loose.
Atl_monte 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  

the alarm still works(arm/disarm/pop trunk etc), but I can't really test for remote start because I've never programmed the remote start....I might have that harness still around....but do I have to have that 4 pin harness to add an AUX starter interupt

redpeppers 
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
"but I can't really test for remote start because I've never programmed the remote start....I might have that harness still around"...this doesnt make since .....what harness?  the 7 pin harness is installed ....and disregard the 4 pin harness///////
maxspeeds 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

I've had the exact same problem.  Here is what I decided to do: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=64532&KW=maxspeeds

This will eliminate the starter kill aspect of the alarm, however you no longer have the anti-grind safegaurd feature.  You will still be able to remote start your car.  Just remember not to turn your key past the second click (II) after you remote started because this will damage your starter since your engine is already running.  And, yes you can install another starter kill on the 791xv.  It involves connecting the orange wire (H1/1) on the primary harness to an extra relay.  Or, better than a starter kill, you could use this orange wire and connect it to a relay to interrupt your electronic fuel pump.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic