Connect all 12 speakers in 06 Lincoln LS

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phillies44 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I have a 2006 Lincoln LS and have installed a Pioneer AVIC-N2 using the Metra 70-5520 harness. Problem is only the 2 front and 2 rear door speakers are working. Can anyone suggest what harness or  what color wires I need to connect to get all the other speakers working. I also need info on how to get the factory subwoofer connected to my head unit.

I looked at a 'Premium Sound Harness' that was supposedly for my car but the connectors were all wrong.

I believe that there are 4 connectors into the back of the factory deck... a 20 pin, a 16 pin, an 8 pin and a 4pin (I think). Unfortunately, I forgot to make a note of it before I installed the AVIC-N2 but can re-check if necessary.

I'd appreciate anyone's help as 4 speakers out of 12 isn't cutting it for me!     :)

Thanks in advance.

oddball 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,Phillies.I checked service manual of Ford 2006, also installation manual of AVIC-N2,your navigation is not available in our country.anyhow, here is my info&mods:

16way connector&6way connectors, forget it. 8 way connector is the key. WHITE/ red,grey/red,shield wires are there in upper cavities.white,grey,shield and yellow wires there in lower cavities.your nav has subwoofer output from RCA pin cable.I believe female PIN connector, so buy  RCA cable with male connector, 5 inches good enough, then cut the cable and strip outer shield, then you can see meshed wire,this is negative signal, then strip inner shield, then you can see ultra-thin wire, this is positive signal. negative signal goes to grey/red, this wire is SUBWOOFER SIGNAL Negative, positive signal goes to WHITE/ red,this is SUBWOOFER SIGNAL Positive, so you need only one RCA preout of your navigation,coz' factory's subwoofer amp is mono-input. next step is "waking up subwoofer amp". Yellow/Red is subwoofer amplifier enable.your nav has amp remote signal wire, usually amp-remote goes on yellow/red.but this mods cause big "POP" sound when your nav turning on.coz' Ford amplifier's remote voltage is approx 5volt.we use home-made blackbox to wake up Ford amplifier,but we can hear tiny pop sound when turn on.How to make blackbox is following:Ask Radio-Shack for semiconductors with 3 legs 7809 standard and 7805 standard. we drop the voltage from 12 volt to 9 volt by 7809, then drop 9 to 5 by 7805. 2 step voltage regulator is neccesory to avoid from heat of semiconductors. As center image speakers, I never try to Ford via Pioneer.I will find solution.see you!   

phillies44 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  

Once again oddball I am amazed with your speed and knowledge. I will try to get the semi-conductors from Radio Shack today. Sorry if this is a stupid question but how exactly would I hook up the 3 legged semi-conductors?

Thanks.

oddball 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 2:48 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry,Phillies44. My information is not good enough, my English is poor.

Before visiting to Radio-Shack, call them: then tell them what you try to make:

Semi-Conductor 7809 and 7805 are Fixed Positive Voltage Regulator. DC to DC. if you will try to hook up directry, it may cause "Short-Circuit", and these Semi-Conductor is tiny. smaller than your coin. You should need solder, base-board,condenser, resister and plastic-case.If Radio-Shack can not follow your question, OK, I will give you some "Wild" solution.any speaker cable just pick up. only one wire. Polarity does not matter.use electro tap to pick up this wire then connect to "SUB WOOFER" enable signal pin. This is 6 volt power supply. As center speaker , they are 2 units. left and right. so I think that you could re-wire front speaker including center speakers,we call "Fake Surround System",

Give me more time to caliculate total speaker's impedance.Now I am fighting with 2006 H3 and H2 at once. H3 is Security System and HDD Navigation and Digital TV tuner and Rear View Camera. H2 is HDD Nav plus side and rear view cameras.

phillies44 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
oddball wrote:

Sorry,Phillies44. My information is not good enough, my English is poor.

Before visiting to Radio-Shack, call them: then tell them what you try to make:

Semi-Conductor 7809 and 7805 are Fixed Positive Voltage Regulator. DC to DC. if you will try to hook up directry, it may cause "Short-Circuit", and these Semi-Conductor is tiny. smaller than your coin. You should need solder, base-board,condenser, resister and plastic-case.If Radio-Shack can not follow your question, OK, I will give you some "Wild" solution.any speaker cable just pick up. only one wire. Polarity does not matter.use electro tap to pick up this wire then connect to "SUB WOOFER" enable signal pin. This is 6 volt power supply. As center speaker , they are 2 units. left and right. so I think that you could re-wire front speaker including center speakers,we call "Fake Surround System",

Give me more time to caliculate total speaker's impedance.Now I am fighting with 2006 H3 and H2 at once. H3 is Security System and HDD Navigation and Digital TV tuner and Rear View Camera. H2 is HDD Nav plus side and rear view cameras.

Hey oddball,

I created the 'black box' before reading this post. I used the 2 semi-conductors a PCB board,plastic box and some wires, no condensor or resistor. It works fine with no pop sound! I just tapped into the 2 front center image speakers directly and they are working great as well. If you think that I still may need to solder in a condensor and/or resistor then let me know... guys at Radio Shack aren't too bright but I have quite a few electonic components stores around me.

Thanks for all your help! Without you I would never have been able to do this myself.

Phillies44

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
A 1.5k resistor inline does the same thing no need for all that work..
Mike
oddball 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 3:37 AM / IP Logged  

Good Evening guys!

Phillies44, Good Job! you are great, let me tell you why I use resister and condenser when I make blk-box to wake up Ford Amp is: I just insist on "Stable" 5 volt. that's it. Anyhow I am very happy  if my info is useful.

NowYaKnow, I have no idea how to use resiter to drop 12 volt down to 5 volt.  I have to study more. My job is Navigation installer, So I have some know-how to find VSS only.Anyhow thank you for your info.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic