compustar 2wss-as

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  

I have this in my 2005 Mustang GT 5 speed manual

I am using the 556U bypass module, and I have heard that the keysense from the 556U has to be hooked up

Isn't the keysense from the 556U supposed to be hooked for when you put the key in the ignition after you have remote started the car

cause the car is doing everything it is supposed to except starting

please help

Thanks Mike

irfan 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
the 556U is to send a key sense signal to ur cars ignition.. without this signal the car will not know a key is in the area.   u put the spare key/chip in the 556, and ground/power the 556. then u send the proper signal wire from the compustar unit( status wire i think) to the 556. you wrap the antenna wire of thr 556 around the key column.
when u try to remote start, the compustar will activate the 556 which in turn send the key code to the ignition to let the car know a key chip is present. after activating this the compustar starts. when u get int he car and insert a real key the compustar disable the 556 immediately so the car doesnt read two keys.
you dont NEED the keysense wire from the 556, it depends on the type of keysense system u have. some cars, instead of just wrapping the antenna wire.. need u to splice into the key sense wire on the cars keysensor unit.
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

well I haven't hooked that up yet, and I guess I won't

but does anyone have any ideas for why the car isn't starting then

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic