icon

Issues with Kenwood KVT-911

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sugarray 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  
So today i bought a used Kenwood KVT-911 DVD player. I just uninstalled and sold my Kenwood KDC-X879 earlier today. Unit worked perfectly when i pulled it out of the car. So i get the DVD player wired up, and try to turn it on. It lights up for no more than half a second, and goes black. I can hear the fan running on the brain unit, so i figured maybe i wired something up wrong. Went to Kenwoods website to check out the manual for it, double check all of my connections, and try every thing again. No dice, it does the exact same thing.
Did i get screwed on this thing, or am i just missing something in my install? 12+, constant, and ground are all hooked up the same way as with my previous unit. Parking brake wire is grounded out. If someone can help me out, i'd appreciate it.
If it helps any, this is all in a 2003 Ford Cobra. The entire Mach 460 system has been gutted and replaced with aftermarket equipment.
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
Accessory hooked up?  Check all connection for power (disconnect speaker wire to confirm no shorted speakers)  This unit does draw a fair amount of power, so check your voltages at the brain.  Possible cold solder joint on the plug.  If everthing is correct, the unit is deffective.
Dsteinmann 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
did u try the stupid reset button
sugarray 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
I tried the reset button, and all the wires were hooked up. Unfortunately, i've found out that the main board in the monitor case is toast. Looks like i got screwed.
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
We just had the main board fixed in one, the video curcuit fried, burnt board, Kenwood charged $250 to fix. Might consider getting a quote.  If someone is selling a unit like this, you have to ask yourself why,

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic