icon

2005 Chevy Malibu Alarm Wiring, BCM Location

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
madbeach1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 5:47 AM / IP Logged  

I am in desperate need of a correct wire diagram for a 2005 Chevy Malibu. I was sent to directwire.com by the commando alarm company and when I put my information in the diagram given was not correct. The BMC is not located on the center console passenger side. I explained that to the tech support and they just sent me back to the site. I have a commando RS-560 alarm and need help getting it installed.

Thanks Madbeach1

Thanks
Madbeach1
oddball 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged  

Good Morning,Madbeach1

I checked 2005/2006 service manual of yours, BCM should be located at  the right side of Center-console almost floor panel.Do me a favor? Could you check your 10th digit of VIN,please? I don't think that GM and Direct-wire both are incollect.Just in case.

madbeach1 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  

Oddball

Thanks for the reply, the 10 digit is a 5, I don't know if being a Malibu Classic has anything to do with it but I took out the radio, dash panel and could not find any BCM. Under the passenger side between the blower motor and glove box there is a electrical box with three multi wire connector plugged into it. I looked up a Pontiac Grand Am since my daughter has one and our dash layout looks almost the same and it discribed the BCM where I found mine??   

Madbeach1

Thanks
Madbeach1
oddball 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  

Good  Evening,Madbeach1

I double-checked GM service manual, BCM is located almost center console, between Radio unit and Glove box.but it is mounted as "Vertical Position". it should be located same level line of cigar lighter. Vertical position from floor.3 connectors are there, their connector have "Slide-Lock"tabs. 1 connector is from engine conpartment to Shifter, remaining connectors are from the foor. so 1 horizontal connector and vertical connectors. Usually GM's BCM has sticker label, printed some number and indicated as    "BCM".  Good Luck!

madbeach1 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 5:35 AM / IP Logged  
What i see is located almost directly under the glove box. It is black and slides horizontal into a metal mount under the dash below or just to the left of the glove box. I will check it out this weekend. I did get some good information from this site, how to determine what wires to connect to what and where they are located other than the BCM. So I hope to have some success this weekend. as they say a picture is worth a 1000 words so i will take a digital picture and see if i can post it so you can see what i am talking about. Thanks.
Thanks
Madbeach1

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic