the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

impatient customers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  

have ya ever had that customer that just needs it done right away like yesterday and he's here today? this guy comes in with a 92 crown vic. and he wants a bunch of stuff done new radio,tune-up,muffler and to fix a hessatation in the motor. so i do everything and then get to the hessation. the computer has 17 different codes in it and this is a bad sign of fauly grounds, low voltage, bad computer and another thousand other reasons. so i go through the grounds, fuses, engine managment(emissions) system. found some stuff wrong with the egr vavle and other things repaired them,cleared the computer and had the customer drive it for a few days in that time i get smacked with two complete installs, three motor jobs and a trannie and a bunch of basic maintenice stuff. that customer return a week later drops the car off with out telling me and exspect it to be worked on.already having a bad day i get the car in and the computer has all codes back in stored memory. knowing that it will need some hours of diagnouses i call the customer and tell him. he replys with i'll bring it in the morning, i said alright make sure i will keep the day open for you. so i call him just know(after doing the days work because i know better than wait on a customer) he tells me im taking it somewhere else. thats fine but just keep in mind it will not get done any sooner by doing that because the next guy will need to learn the car, that is a process that i've have already done.i guess he will learn the hard way. it is very aggervating when a customer just doesn't understand and on top of it he's an impatient one to boot. im not as mad about losing the business as bad as my ego and pride are hert. it always herts when they bring it some where else becuase of impatients or lack off faith. its great when all the praises come my way but ya get one bad job and its time to turn it in. just me venting because im furous with it and trying to be as open as possible.

i know it will pass but going over it in my mind should i have been quicker should i have played guessnoustics to keep the job! people sometimes want that and when i tell them you will have to pay for diagnoustic time because i dont play guessnoustics so we dont fix something that aint broke and waste time and money they get mad. why do i have to pay .dont you know whats wrong with the car. i wish i could fix cars (eletricaly) by sound or site. but im not a magistion so i guess i will learn in time to deal with this type of customer better in the future. thankx guys for reading i went off a little any feedback would be great.

JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
isn't every customer like that?
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
fingaz22 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
well for the most part i guess i've been blessed with good customers i even had an older lady bake me some cookies. ha! that was one of the best tips i ever got. but i will keep what i know needs to be done and not rush or guess because of a customer being impatient. thats just not how to do it right the first time. i wish they could just understand that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
Ocuriel 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
Welcome to the automotive world. Most customers just don't understand what it takes to diagnose a problem & never will.
fingaz22 
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
i mean i know that but it was never on me when i worked for sombody but now i have my own shop it is a direct hit. oh well life goes on now to deal with the next one thats on the rack.
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like you're a little insecure... this will happen in any business... take care of the customers you can... you dont have to be a "god" to everyone.... please those people you can please and dont worry about the others..... business is not a popularity contest.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
fingaz22 
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=kgerry]sounds like you're a little insecure.. yea could be a little new in bussiness but for the most part im learning the cutomer service bit. thankx for youn feedback.
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
Fingaz, it took me a long time to learn this and I had a lot of teeth grinding nights like you talked about, but you have to learn to leave what goes on at the shop AT the shop. When ever I get upset at a situation I say to myself " it's only car stereo". With all the horrible stuff going on in the world, it's not worth the stomach acid or the gray hair. Hang in there dude and wait for the next batch of cookies!
There is no such thing as free installation!
fingaz22 
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
thankx tcss that is what i will do. today i try to remain open to suggestions even though its hard some times. thank you.
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic