icon

2002 chevy silverado 2500HD, Viper 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vt_hokie2008 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  

I need some wiring diagrams for a 2002 Chevy 2500 HD. I'm putting a Viper 791xv on it. Also, does this vehicle require a bypass module or any resistors etc.? Thanks.

chungo 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
12volts red  +  ignition harness
Starter yellow  +  ignition harness
Second Starter N/A    
Ignition pink  +  ignition harness
Second Ignition white  +  ignition harness
Notes: To avoid the check engine light from coming on and possible damage to the automatic transmission, the second ignition in this vehicle MUST be powered when adding a remote start system.
Third Ignition N/A    
Accessory orange  +  ignition harness
Second Accessory brown  +  ignition harness
Keysense lt. green  -  ignition harness
Power Lock lt. blue  +  brown plug at BCM
Notes: The BCM is located behind the drivers side of the dash. The plugs on the BCM face towards the rear of the vehicle. The parking lights are in pin A5 and the headlights are in pin A11.
Power Unlock white  +  brown plug at BCM
Notes: The BCM is located behind the drivers side of the dash. The plugs on the BCM face towards the rear of the vehicle. The parking lights are in pin A5 and the headlights are in pin A11.
Lock Motor gray  5wi driver kick panel
Unlock Motor tan  5wi driver kick panel
Parking Lights+ brown  +  lt. blue plug at BCM
Parking Lights- white  -  lt. blue plug at BCM
Hazards     
Turn Signal(L)     
Turn Signal(R)     
Reverse Light     
Door Trigger   -  BCM
Notes: Use tan for the drivers door located in pin B4 of the purple plug, and for the passenger door it will be a orange in pin B2 in the purple plug or dk.blue/white in pin B11 of the lt.blue plug, must diode isolate these wires.
The BCM is located behind the drivers side of the dash. The plugs on the BCM face towards the rear of the vehicle. The parking lights are in pin A5 and the headlights are in pin A11.
Dome Supervision     
Trunk/Hatch Pin     
Hood Pin     
Trunk/Hatch Release     
Power Sliding Door     
Factory Alarm Arm     
Factory Alarm Disarm lt. green  -  driver kick panel
Notes: Also found in the purple plug of the BCM.
Disarm No Unlock     
Tachometer white  ac  ECM
Notes: Diesel tach wire is white at the cluster.
ECM is located near the battery, down low, between the fender and the fan under the black plastic cover. On the 4.3L, the tach wire is at pin 20 in the connector labeled red. On the 4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0L, the tach wire is located at pin 10 in the red connector.
Wait to start dk. blue  -  instrument cluster
Notes: See DirectFax document 1090.
Brake Wire white  +  brake pedal switch
Parking Brake lt. blue to GREEN / WHITE  -  parking brake switch
Horn Trigger black  -  brown plug at BCM
Memory Seat 1     
Memory Seat 2     
Memory Seat 3     
2002 chevy silverado 2500HD, Viper 791xv -- posted image.
Interface Module:Category:
Immobilizer Bypass
Required:
Yes
Type:
Passlock II
Part #: 556LW
Alternate Part1 #: 555LW
Alternate Part2 #: 555T
Alternate Part3 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part4 #: DesignTech 29402
Notes:
Door Lock Interface
Required:
No
Type:
N/A
Part #: N/A
Notes:
Combo Interface
Required:
Yes
Type:
Data Bus
Part #: 457GW
Notes: Can use the 457GW to bypass the Passlock II, but it will not control the door locks on this model year.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2005 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  

I have a few questions before I get started on this.

1. h1/6 (-) multiplx input, zone 4 - What does this get connected to?

2. factory alarm arm/disarm - What are the factory arm and disarm wires since they are not on the above schematic?

3. h3/1 rearms the factory alarm - Would this go on the factory arm wire after the above question is answered?

4. h3/2 hood pinswitch - Which wire is this since it's not on the above schematic. If there isn't one, do I just ground this wire?

5. h1/1 ground when armed - Do I need to connect this and if so, do I just ground it?

That's all I have for now. Thanks in advance.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  

1) goes to nothing, or a hood or trunk pin for instant triggering of the alarm

2)hook to the lt green at the BCM purple plug

3) does NOT goto the answer to no.2...in the world of DEI Im thinking this is a "pulse after" so it would attach to the drivers door pin wire tan in purple plug BCM, next to the disarm wire

4) you need to install a hood pin... when this wire is grounded, it would simulate the hood being open, RESULTING in a no start. if your NOT putting in a hood pin....connect to nothing

5)used to trigger a starter disable relay, if you arent using a starter kill......hook it to nothing!

vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks! One question, for #5, the unit has a built in starter kill, so would I just hook to nothing?

KarTuneMan 
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
I wouldn't have a starter kill on my worst enemys car....just cut it off the harness, they keep honest peoplep, honest, thats all! And when your battery goes dead and you need a jump and the alarm brain dont like "the surge" of juice, you cant start your truck cause the relays open. I do starter kill when people ask me too, I don't sell it to em.
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2005 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
After hooking everything up, I'm trying to program it. I'm going by the instructions in the book and it doesn't do anything. No siren chirp, no LED flashing. When I push the button for the remote like I'm programming it to a channel, the remote beeps at me saying it can't send a signal like it's out of reach. I checked my door trigger connection and my pink wire (can't remember what it goes to) as these are the only two required to program it. The valet button is plugged in as is the antenna. The alarm is getting power because I can pluck the shock sensor and its LED will light up. What could it be?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
How did you connect to the door trigger wires? You might have the diodes backwards.
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2005 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
I unhooked the door triggers thinking maybe I messed up the diodes and I hooked straight into the driver's door pin only and still nothing. Any more ideas?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic