icon

LCD Flatscreen Install in Van?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Hbo1 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  
We are planning on purchasing a used conversion van.  We've seen new models with 22" and sometimes 23" LCD widescreen tv's installed in them.  Most of the used vans we've seen have regular tube tv's in them but we'd like to mount a 19" in their place.  I am a novice but have noticed that these LCD monitors/TV's come with a power supply converting it into 12-volt, 4 amps.  Does this mean I can forego the power supply and use 12-volt from a circuit in the van?  Or am I better of just using an inverter and plugging it into that?  But if I used 12-volt, I would like it always on, not with the ignition.  How would I go about this?  Thanks for any help!

Howard

menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
i cant see any problems with comming from the van for power if you want to have it powerd on with the key off. just run the power wires strait to a constant power. like your battery. with the engine not running you will be at about 10-11 volts with the engine running you will be around 13.9-14.4 volts

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic