icon

2000 sonoma viper 791 xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Satanklawz 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying to install an alarm with remote start (viper 791xv) on my 2000 sonoma. I have installed 2 of these before but never on a vehicle with the passlock stuff. If there is any help available it will be much appreciated.  I cant seem to find any good info even with the search tool. I need one of those professional wiring diagrams.
chungo 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

12volts red  +  ignition harness
Starter yellow  +  ignition harness
Second Starter N/A    
Ignition pink  +  ignition harness
Second Ignition white  +  ignition harness
Third Ignition N/A    
Accessory orange  +  ignition harness
Second Accessory     
Keysense     
Power Lock lt. blue  +  brown plug at BCM
Notes: The BCM is located to the right of the accelerator pedal below the radio. The plugs on the BCM face towards the drivers side.
Power Unlock white  +  brown plug at BCM
Notes: The BCM is located to the right of the accelerator pedal below the radio. The plugs on the BCM face towards the drivers side.
Lock Motor gray  5wi driver kick panel
Unlock Motor tan  5wi driver kick panel
Parking Lights+ brown  +  lt. blue plug at BCM
Parking Lights- white  -  lt. blue plug at BCM
This wire will not test when using the headlight switch. This wire is triggered by the DRL system. To meter the wire, start the car with the parking brake set, when the brake is released this wire will go to ground.
Hazards     
Turn Signal(L)     
Turn Signal(R)     
Reverse Light     
Door Trigger   -  BCM
Notes: Use tan for the drivers door located in pin B4 of the purple plug, orange for the passenger door located in pin B2 of the purple plug, must diode isolate these wires.
The BCM is located to the right of the accelerator pedal below the radio. The plugs on the BCM face towards the drivers side.
Dome Supervision use door trigger    
Trunk/Hatch Pin N/A    
Hood Pin     
Trunk/Hatch Release N/A    
Power Sliding Door N/A    
Factory Alarm Arm     
Factory Alarm Disarm lt.green  -  purple plug at BCM
Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm    
Tachometer white  ac  PCM
Notes: The PCM is located on the passenger fender. On the 2.2L the wire is in a black 80 pin plug pin 10, and on the 4.3L the wire is in a red 32 pin plug pin 20.
Wait to start N/A    
Brake Wire white  +  steering column
Parking Brake     
Horn Trigger black  -  steering column
Notes: Also found in the brown plug at the BCM on vehicles with a factory alarm.
Memory Seat 1     
Memory Seat 2     
Memory Seat 3     
2000 sonoma viper 791 xv -- posted image.
Interface Module:Category:
Immobilizer Bypass
Required:
Yes
Type:
Passlock II
Part #: 556LW
Alternate Part1 #: 555LW
Alternate Part2 #: 555T
Alternate Part3 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part4 #: DesignTech 29402
Notes:
Door Lock Interface
Required:
No
Type:
N/A
Part #: N/A
Notes:
Combo Interface
Required:
Yes
Type:
Data Bus
Part #: 457GW
Notes: Can use the 457GW to bypass the Passlock II, but it will not control the door locks on this model year.

Satanklawz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
ok, I am now having issues with the starter wire. I cant seem to find it in my harness. Everything else works except the remote start because I can not find the wire. I am wanting to cut it so I can install the remote start wires. On my sonoma there is no purple or yellow wire that is big enough to be a starter wire that is in the ignition harness.  any help....?
Satanklawz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I am getting through this alarm install fairly well. I am down to my last obstacle. The truck is a standard transmission and I am having trouble bypassing the clutch switch. I have clipped 2 of the 4 wires on it and it will still start with no issue. the other 2 seem to be required for it to start. On one of the 2 wires left I tried to test its polarity with my test light and as soon as I touched it the starter ran without the clutch depressed.  So that kind of threw me off. Any help with this one?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  

take your starter wire from your R/S and connect it directly to the PURPLE / white at the clutch switch....this will bypass the clutch, NOW.....DON'T kill anyone.

or ruin your garage door. Are you putting in a R/S that is designed for manual trans.....   Yes    No      ?  be carefull

Satanklawz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

when the remote start is activated, i noticed that the tachometer needle doesnt move same with the gas needle and temp. voltage and oil pressure work as normal. Also my remote start will not fully start the truck. It will attempt it 3 times and then deactivate the remote start attempt.  I have the tach wire hooked up correctly and I have made it learn the tach signal. I have tried to remote start it with a key in the ignition so I can rule out my passkey interface module. The alarm is a viper 791xv if that helps.

blazeronspokes 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
you might need to change the alarm to voltage checking instead of tach learning. it's option 3-2 in the valet menu. as for the gauges, your guess is as good as mine for that one. never heard of that before.
Satanklawz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
ok, I ran a menu that blinks the LED light and tells me a reason that the remote start was shut down. it blinks 3 times which says that it has low or no rpm. I relearned th tach signal and double checked the connection all is good there. I dont have the siren hooked up yet so I cant get into the menus. Does this sound like anything you know of?
Satanklawz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2005 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, I tried to change it to voltage checking and it does the same thing. I also see that when I try to remote start it the security light flashes twice fast and twice longer and then repeats the pattern.  I have a key in the ignition so I dont see how it would not clear the security but I dunno..... any other suggestions?
Satanklawz 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2005 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I fixed the gauge problems, The wiring information provided on this site is WRONG!!! I looked it up on another site and the info was totaly diffrent. I changed the wires and presto!  I figured out that the passkey module was not the correct one and I bought the directed 555LW and am looking for info on how to wire it.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic