icon

Pioneer DEH-P8400 Problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Justingoodie 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I've got a pioneer deh-p8400mp that i've had for about 3 years, and it's now almost dead; it's not repsponding to any buttons, nor is it lighting up. BUT, when i turn the ignition off, it beeps and folds down for me to take off the faceplate, so i know it's getting power, but it refuses to power on, eject the CD that's in it or anything else.
What could possibly be wrong with it?? I'm at a loss here, i checked the back of the unit for fuses (maybe one was blown) but there aren't any back there. I also tried disconnecting the wiring harness for a couple minutes to try and reset it, but that didn't change anything.
I've had it for about 3 years, so i'm well out of warranty and i don't want to have to spend the money to buy a new HU, so what can i do???
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  

. you could  try taking the faceplate apart and cleaning it. or you could order a new H/U from a online vender.  the cost of repair from a shop would be point less.

1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
Justingoodie 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
well, i've tried taking apart the faceplate before, and that fixed the problem i was having with a button that was sticking, but i know that isn't the problem this time, because even the buttons on the inner face aren't working...
for example, the "func" button, when the unit is off, but has power, should put you into the menu where you have the option to set the clock, turn off the warning beep, and so on. but that doesn't even work.
it seems like a really weird issue, it has power, but won't do anything... i sent an email to pioneer, but i'm sure they'll be next to no help, so i have a feeling that i'm gonna end up just dismantling the entire unit, and i'll try and put it back together; maybe that will fix it, it seems to do the trick with my ps2 Pioneer DEH-P8400 Problems - Last Post -- posted image.
tcbturbosux 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  

try sending it to pioneer for repair.  all of the ones I've sent in for my customers has saved them a lot of money compared to the cost of buying a new one. the chip inside could be burned up, you never know. but as far as cost I'd would send it to them first Pioneer DEH-P8400 Problems - Last Post -- posted image.

Candy

Uncle Gumby
Justingoodie 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2005 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
UPDATE:
I finally got really sick of the lack of music in my car, and i decided it was time for further investigation so i opened that thing up to have a look around. I found one spot on the board where there was a chip that looked like it should be connected at three points, the outer ones looked fine, but in the middle, there was what looked like a little tab coming out and a solder point where it looked like it should go. so i would imagine what the problem is.
so i took it to the electronics repair shop that my store uses/refers business to. the guy who runs it is gonna hook me up for like half-off-ish. I'm not gonna know how much it's gonna ultimately cost me until it's done, but he estimated 40-60 bucks. now that's a whole lot cheaper than a new deck which wouldn't even do what i want it to.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 30, 2005 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  

But what if that wasn't the problem. Try and not throw money at a problem without certainty. This would also be my recomendation.....

try sending it to pioneer for repair.  all of the ones I've sent in for my customers has saved them a lot of money compared to the cost of buying a new one. the chip inside could be burned up, you never know. but as far as cost I'd would send it to them first Pioneer DEH-P8400 Problems - Last Post -- posted image.

Candy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic