icon

Soundstream is it a good brand?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiobhan101 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
The subject says it all. Im am interested in hearing if anyone has geard a soundstream sub. they look pretty good but how do they perform?
84 Mazda Rx7 GS
4 15" Audiobahn High Excursion
1 2500W Orion Amp
Custom Box
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  

soundstream is a very good brand they were better once than they are now. their old subs did sound good the new stuff? well sorry i dont know.  not many people like power acoustiks subs and they and soundstream are tied together.  if that helps?? but im sure soundstream invests a bit more to their side of products.

sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
From our fearless admin:
DYohn wrote:
Soundstream used to be one of the premier American brand names. Then they went bankrupt and were bought out by Power Acoustic. For two or three years the went from one of the best to one of the many mediocre brands. Now they are starting to come back as Power Acoustic is actually putting money into the brand and not just using it to sell re-badged PA amps and speakers. Their higher-end gear is again pretty good, but the lower-end stuff is the same as Power Acoustic.
Soundstreams older Rubicon and Reference line of amplifiers are outstanding... while this speaker, prolly some 10 years old now, was an absolute *monster* back in the day.
Today, I'd stear clear of the brand in the face of much better equipment from more widely recognized brands... like anything from the tier of Eclipse or JL Audio would be superior to Soundstream today.
Still, the DaVinci has got to be the coolest amp I've ever seen. Ever.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
i have installed new soundstream products. i dont care for the Xstream line of amps or the edge subs. but for there amps i would recommend . picassio , van gogh, trantula, and XXX . for subs i like the T4's  no SQ but for $250 for the15" sub  SPL was great. the van gogh subs good SQ desent SPL.  the XXX subs are crazy. i am waiting to hear the XXX subs and amps. this march i will be installing 2 of both. with a long list of other soundstream products,and  H.O. alternator.
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic