icon

Opinions about subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steezs 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
OK i have recently started to take in interest in car audio as of last year and everyone practically says that speakers suck nowadays especially subs. (like they were a lot better back thento be more specific). My question is should i look into finding older subs. And right now what do you guys tihnk of JLA, JBL, Earthquake, Kicker, Soundstream, Audiobahn. just gimme me some opinions please.
the duce
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  

jbl ok, kicker yes,  new soundstream? audiobahn no, alpine yes, jl yes,  mtx 7500's and up, sony no,   pyle.profile,pyamid,legacy, NONO there are lots of good stuff and even more bad stuff. new subs are just fine. but nothing can beat the old grey RF series one

just kidding.

sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
Old sub huh?
This monster was the top tier Soundstream for quite awhile... manufactuered before Soundstream fell to the Korean scourge that is Power Akousitick (whatever)... the Exact series is an absolute beast. Prolly 10 years old now, a friend of mine has had one through like 6 cars and it still never ceases to impress me. I'd say cleaner and louder than even the venerated w3.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
My bet is that Soundstream Exact works better in a vented box.  I wouldn't mind picking up one of these and working with it....but I wonder if age has taken its toll on the materials?
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
tcbturbosux 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  

Hey... ya left out Diamond Audio, Memphis, Mtx, Focal Swiss Audio,Obcon, and Power Acoustik....i.e. KSW- FX- MOFO. Dont be a geek of society. Dont be a victim of the Name Game. Expand your horizons.

Gumby and Candy

Uncle Gumby
tcbturbosux 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

By-the-By... if you sound prep a sub properly, it will last 15 years.

I still have an mtx from 15 years ago

Uncle Gumby
menace2sobriety 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
tcbturbosux wrote:

Hey... ya left out Diamond Audio, Memphis, Mtx, Focal Swiss Audio,Obcon, and Power Acoustik....i.e. KSW- FX- MOFO. Dont be a geek of society. Dont be a victim of the Name Game. Expand your horizons.

i said mtx!Opinions about subs - Last Post -- posted image.

Gumby and Candy

menace2sobriety 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged  
i also didnt say  aluma-pro, arc-audio, OZ, massive,  blaupunkt, kenwood,  bost wick, crossfire, brax, cerwin veg, cadence, and  much much more.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic