icon

what do you think?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 3:06 AM / IP Logged  
I am two days from buying a new HU. Have you heard any good things or bad things about it? Kenwood KDC-X889  I really like the looks of it and I have a kenwood sirius tuner and antenna that will fit this HU so it is convenient for me to get this unit, but is it a good HU? Thank you. Any input will help. 
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 3:34 AM / IP Logged  

I view Kenwood as one of the middle of the road products. It falls in line with the likes of Pioneer, Alpine, and all the other brands you find that are competitvely priced. By the sound of it, it meets your needs and it makes you happy, go for it. Then you can give us a review on it for future reference.

arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
I've found that a lot of people like it.  They say it offers great sound quality and all the extra functions you'll need.
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
Yhank you. I will go ahead and get it and I will post the review on it for all of us to look at. give about one week to get it and install it. I am ordering over the internet.
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I just ordered my HU. I will be getting at the end of next week. I was reading through the manual and damm....So many features. I hope I can get the hang of it fast. If you have experienced with this HU please give some tips on it. I will thank you very much.

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
Congrats, have fun with those options!
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
Thx Dwarren
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

alpine middle of the road?      ummm sure?

dwarren 
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
menace2sobriety wrote:

alpine middle of the road?      ummm sure?

Yeah, where do you think it stands?

Compare any model of theirs (aside from the f#1) to any other brand in the same price range and tell me there is a difference. A Nak cd 700ii and a Mcintosh MX406 would certainley put shame to a 9835 and 9855...Older Alpine used to be top of the line, but as far build quality and overall sound quality there definately has been a "drop"

menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
i put alpine above kenwood and way above pioneer. and i could be a bit bias too! ive own kenwood, pioneer, sony, clairion, eclipse and even sherwood. yes i said sherwood but that was before i knew better!  lol i bought my first alpine in 1992 and have never bought another brand since.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic