the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

what do you think?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
The problem with using the antenna wire for your remote lead for your amps is that when you switch to cd, the antenna goes down, thus the amps turn off. You need to use the proper remote lead, (WHITE/ blue).
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
mine does not turn off. I have changed from cd to tuner to sirius and standby and the amps stay onn all of the time untill I shut the unit off. I don't even have a power antenna in my car so is not going up all of the time or down, hahahaha. I think it will be ok right? I do not want to damage the BRAND NEW HU. WHat do you think? is it ok to just have the ant. wire to the remote turn on?
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  

I suppose, I just find it odd that it doesn't lose power when switching sources. If you are really worried about it, fuse it or like you said use a relay.

Glad you like the deck!

jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah I found that crazy too. Maybe the wire I am using was supposed to power up amps. I checked every wire in the standby mode of the HU and there was only one that read 11.06 volts or close to that i can't remember correctly, so I just hooked that one up and the rest I left alone since the only read like .06 volts and the others in the same range. Here is a picture of the wires I have the one on the top hooked up it says "Ant. Cont." at first I had the "Ext. Cont." and the amp did not turn on. That wire only reads .06 volts.

what do you think? - Page 3 -- posted image.

Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  
I beleive that "ext. cont." wire is for use with Kenwood's eXcelon amps. It is a wire that will allow amp settings and status to be displayed on the head unit. It should be explained in the installation manual that came with your unit.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  

Ok sorry for the delay on the review guys. I have been trying to fully test this HU. Here we go.

Kenwood KDC-X889

Looks: This unit looks very high end nice chrome accents and a very nice shine to it. Blue lights cover the background of the volume knob and the control knob. Also red buttons that can be switched to green. The screen has a very nice crisp look to it. The only bad things I found about the screen is that when sun is directly hitting it, you are unable to read anything in the screen. Even with the different angles that you can adjust the screen, it's still all blury. But not a big deal.

Performance: I am in shock. This unit has sooooo many options for sound quality, sound filtering and sound delaying is not even funny. I have yet to understand every single one of them. But I am getting there though. It has a crossover for front, rear and sub. This is very nice when installing a set of 6x9's in the back and components with a crossover in the front. This way you can just use the units crossover for the reaer speakers. I am very happy about this feature.

You can select the type of vehicle you have in order to have the best sound performance in your speakers, anywhere from full size car to wagons.Pretty cool. Also has a speaker selection to, again, have the best sound out of your speakers. This feature even includes the subwoofers.

This uinit has many displays already in the memory but is fully capable of downloading new ones in there for your favorite display. Wallpapers, movies and the famous G-Analyzer. The G-Analyzer is very fun. It is very easy to set up and you will find yourself driving crazyer in oreder to see all the G-Forces your can can produce(be very carfull when driving though)

The sound that my factory speaker had with this Hu was amazing. I have never had a Hu that did sucha thing. Now when I installed the components in the front and the coaxials in the back. WOW. I was in shock. I feel like I am driving inside a very high end sound performance vehicle. I mean this is so far the best sounding set I have had.

This HU is very user friendly. At the beginig might be some what intimidating because of all of the features but give about one week and you should be almost a pro at using all of the features in there. Easy to read menus and displays.

I has a feature that names all of your folders and albums or artist's when you are switching fro folder to folder. I really like this feature since I can change folders without having to look at the HU. I just heard them. hahahaha. Kinda cool. You can turn it off if you do not like it.

Over all I am very pleased with this HU. The only two flaws that I found was that the screen gets extremly hard to read whe the sun hits it and that cd's take about 10-20 secs to read. But not big problems. I will definetly recomend this unit to everyone.

Sorry I did not cover every single feature of the HU, but there are to many to list.  I hope this helps.

If you have a specific question about the HU let me know and I will try to answer as fast as I can.

Jose

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic