icon

Ultrs Start problems, 2005 kia spectra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Stu 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a ultra start model 1250TL on my 2005 kia spectra and when i push the remote buttons i

can hear the relays working but nothing happens on the car? I used the wiring diagram i got off of this site and double checked all my power wires and ignition source wires and they all show good. I had the unit start one time

but it would not repeat after that. Parking lights don not flash either?    Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Thanks........Stu C.              

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
Test and verify that the hoodpin, brake, and control switch wires are still functioning as they should be.
tooler 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
When you try to remote start does the park lites flash a code? Count how many flashes and look in your install manual for diagnostics and see what code is wrong.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
If you haven't connected the horn wire, you really should. It makes it a lot easier to tell what is happening when programming things.
You can also try resetting the unit. Key On/off/on/off/on. Quickly press antenna button once and release. Then press again and hold for about 5-8 seconds. The horn should beep 3 times (if connected). Start the vehicle again. The lights on the antenna should light up indicating its learning the tach signal. After about 35 seconds the red lights will shut off and the horn will beep twice. Turn key off and attempt to remote start.
What wire(s) did you use for the parking lights? Also, 1.8L or2.0L engine?
Stu 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  

Ok i found out i had the parking lights hooked up wrong to the green -wire instead of the + wire in the kick panel,but the wire for the parking lights does not match the wiring diagram for a 2005. It list two separate wire left and right and only one wire was needed Blue/black . Door locks still dont work,i have a feeling the wire colors are not correct on the diagram.

Leds on antenna still don't light up? But the parking lights flashed 7 times meaning it doesn't see a tach signal,was hoping it would learn it but i guess not.

Isn't there a place on the wiring for the ECM that i can get a tach signal? Real pain in the arse to run wire out under the hood.

slicksam 
Copper - Posts: 291
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

you should run it out under the hood.....look for any rubber garment you can poke through and connect the tach to any of the injector wire.

this is how you know which wire to connect it to ....on injectors.....if you have 2 wires per injector, 1 wire is always the same same color, you connect the remote starter tach to the OPPOSITE WIRE.

eg: 4 injectors.....every injector has a BLACK/ white, you DO NOT connect it to the BLACK/ white.

then do a reset on the unit and start the car.....the led on the antenna will come on when you start it, it will learn the tach in 10 to 20 seconds and the lights will flash.....all done.

Testing is the key

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic