icon

Xplods hit harder than Premier?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JdM xplod b01 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
I just bought a used pioneer premier spl sub(ts-w3004spl) in a bandpass box, and when i put it in, it sounded weaker , my 2 10 sony xplod p5 hit, vibrate harder even though i used the same amp. WHY????????? Could it b my rca, which i broke and had to get new ones? It doesnt mak sense because the premier is 1000rms, and the sony rms total is 600 rms.
Pioneer Premier TS-w3004spl, Bass Slammer vented, Kenwood KDC MP-4028, and a KAC-9152d.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
See why the advice is always to listen first, then buy?
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
JdM xplod b01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
could test it on the spot cuz the box accidently broke my rcas.
Pioneer Premier TS-w3004spl, Bass Slammer vented, Kenwood KDC MP-4028, and a KAC-9152d.
crazykev81 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
i would try that ts-w3004spl in a ported box..  i have the older model ts-w2000spl in a ported box, the SQ isnt great but it's not exactly made for SQ, but it hits quite loud off the ~800RMS i am feeding it.
JdM xplod b01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
i thot that bandpass boxes made subs hit harder and louder?
hotrod81860 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
I can tell you right now that premier hits harder than xplods, I've had both in my car
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
Bandbass boxes hit harder and louder if they fit the specs for the woofer perfectly.  If the box is a little off, then there could be drastic results.  it is also important to know if your woofer is capable of playing in a bandbass box.  Some woofers just sound like crap in a bandbass application.
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
crazykev81 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
the pioneer premier SPL series aren't recommended for bandpass applications.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  

Bandpass enclosures are kind of one note wonders. They don't play a wide range of frequencies like a sealed box would. They get loud through a few different freqs. like the name says, band-pass.

and if the woofer isn't meant for a bandpass enclosure it's going to be that much worse, especially if it is one of those cheesey, pre fab, neon encrusted, chrome plated, store bought boxes.

$toreycadillac 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
I have 2 P5W 12 inch woofers and they are probably the hardest hitting subs under $100 a piece. They cost me 55 bucks a piece and when i heard them at best buy... they sound amazing. Everyone disses sonys products that either cuz their jealous theyre 1200 dollar stuff sounds weaker than cheaper equipment or they just dont know what thier talkin about but i have no room to talk im more of a mechanical guy than electronic installer
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic