icon

93 chevy c1500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jddrake 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  

My son bought a apache remote start/alarm/entry system. I have been working on it the last two nights and have everything working except the keyless entry and thanks to this site I finally figured out I need to install two additional relays. My question is where is the easiest place to access the wires to add the relays I can barely even touch the wires up under dash they are way up at the top. Oh and one other thing on the remote start it says relay will make after starting to power the A/C but the way it is working the A/C comes on immediately before starting.

You installers certainly earn your money if I was to charge for my time I have spent on this, having it installed would have been a bargain. But it has been very interesting and I have learned a lot. Any info would be appreciated.

James

ccaudio 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

what kind of car are you working on

jddrake 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
Its a 93 chevy c1500 P/U
Rich06 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2002 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

I usually take out the driver dash speaker and snag the harness there.  The harness is behind a piece of insulation, there's enough slack there to be able to work with the wires.  You can also get them in the drivers side kick panel but a little tight there.  Make sure you wire your relays correctly the first time or you can damage your door lock switches.    Rich

The speaker grill pops up, use slot screwdriver and push forward on metal clips.

SnomanF150 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2002 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

you can also push the rubber boot back in the door jamb and pull the wires to get a little slack and push it down in the kick panel.. sometimes need need to do that.. just pull the kick panel and check it out.. there will be a plug with wire colors orange, two blacks, (one of the blacks may be BLACK/ red), blue, tan, and grey.. your wires to catch will be blue for lock and black for unlock.. just be sure the check they black for power when unlocking to be sure you don't have the ground wire.. cut the wires and use the 5 wire door lock diagram making sure you have the motor side and switch side hooked up right, motor side to 30 and switch side to 87a...

Congrats on your job and glad you can apperciate what we do.. not too many people do.. I'm working on an 03 Denali for a Dr which is a christmas present for his wife (She don't know she's getting it.. $52k... must be nice.. ) put in a 10.4 overhead and building a fiberglass enclouser for an 8 inch sub in the back quarter panels where they used to be in the old ones and they will NEVER know how much work went behind that panel in the rear..

George
David's Car Stereo
Baton Rouge, LA
jddrake 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2002 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Guys...Got everything working thanks to this site and the people on it.

James

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic