icon

01 tahoe, isolate door triggers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
abad355ta 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
I read I have to diode isolate the door triggers for the driver and passsenger doors. How exactly do I do this?
Also, do I have to tap in to the factory disarm wire for my DEI remote alarm. I mean there is a wire on my new alarm that gives a pulse when the system starts the RS sequence, do I need to disable the factory alarm or does my passlok module do this for me?
What type of doorlock/unlock system does this have. Does it need a - or + pulse from my DEI alarm
thanks a lot
ToDDR
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

well as for the lock/unlock wires they are (+) pulse

the door triggers have to be diode isolated and to do this you have to find the driver door trigger wire and the passenger door trigger, connect one diode to each wire with the cathode side facing the car wiring, when you connect them you will have two diodes hanging there, then twist the diodes together to leave one end hanging there

Find the (-) door trigger wire from the alarm brain and connect that wire to the single end of the diodes

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
abad355ta 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
awesome!!
thanks so much.
will rewire tomorrow
ToDDR

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic