icon

2000 Dodge Stratus: CD won't install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ambrelyn 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  

I know nothing about cars, but my boyfriend is trying to install a new cd player in my 2000 Dodge Stratus.  He installed the same exact stereo in his van (also a Dodge) and it worked fine.  At the moment, my Stratus has a factory am/fm tape deck.  He tried using a generic wiring harness with the first cd player.  When he hooked all the wires up the cd player works fine, but you only get sound out of the small speakers (tweeters?) on the dash not the ones in the doors.  He tried again and went to Auto Zone and bought the wiring harness for my car, but it still has the same problem.  There's a brown 'mute' wire that he's never seen before, and no one seems to know what the problem is.  I looked at the vehicle wiring diagram for my car on this site and it isn't listed there either.  I've seen several posts on forums that talk about bypassing the factory amp and installing a new one.  I'm not really interested in a better amp or speaker system, I'd just like to be able to play cds.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  I'd really appreciate it; we're about ready to pull our hair out. 2000 Dodge Stratus: CD won't install -- posted image. Thanks

ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
make sure you hook up the blue wires. it sounds to me like the factory amp isnt turning on. dont hook up the mute wire to anything.
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
That is exactly the problem.  He didn't connect the remote wire to turn on the factory the amp.
Do it right the first time

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic