icon

Viper 800 ESP on 99 Accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dcash18 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Nubian, you need a DEI 555U to bypass the factory security system.  There is a chip in your key that has to be within a certain proximity of the ignition in your vehicle or the car wont start.  Hook this up and it should crank up like a champ.
nubiannupe 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2002 at 5:14 AM / IP Logged  
Hey, folks... thanks for the info.  I wasn't all together sure if it was transponder-based or not, since the wiring diagram wasn't clear on that.  Now that I know, I'll be able to finish up.  Thanks again.
G. Rick (aka; Tha "R")
**Peter North is my idol***
MECP-Certified 1st Class Installer
ThEvil0nE 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2002 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

To:  AlarmTech  -  Thanks man. Got more tips?

Here's another concern... I'm in NYC and I just use "street parking" w/c is not too good. My car got "hit" 3 times now... 1st was the PIAA fog lamps Viper 800 ESP on 99 Accord - Page 2 -- posted image. ... then twice they popped the side mirrors Viper 800 ESP on 99 Accord - Page 2 -- posted image.  and in all instances the I-have-to-get-rid-of-this-thing CHECKMATE alarm did not set off!

As you can see I will be (crossing fingers) installing the Viper 800ESP. This will be my 1st ever alarm install so bear with me at the moment. I just want to do this the right way (with all your help of course) to save me further headaches of doing "back-jobs" on my work.

How can I set-up/wire the alarm so it will surely  "set-off" when some bastard will hit me again with the side mirrors and the fog lamps?

Thanks again in advance!

AlarmTech 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2002 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

simply increase the sensitivity of the shock sensor. your neighbours may not like you much though. For added protection, you can get a 508D Proximity sensor. There's also the 507T digital tilt sensor.

the main thing with the 800ESP is the extras, if you feel you might, just might use a certain feature in the future, wire it up. can't hurt. Leave any fused connections fuse-less untill needed or use a small 3-5amp fuse.

Solder all connections, run wires in taped looms that resemble the factory style looms. Use split tube loom for engine bay wire runs and use rubber or plastic grommets for wires that go through the firewall. Fuse all power connections, ensure a solid bare metal ground point and use plenty of zip ties Viper 800 ESP on 99 Accord - Page 2 -- posted image.

I have a small Alarm FAQ on my site if you wanted to look it over.  http://automediazone.com/pro/FAQ/mainpage2.htm  although this site seems to have some good tech info.

Viper Equipped
AzaEvilSc(+)pe 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2002 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  

have you checked the nuetral safety switch ?   

i usually ground it permanently

good luck       AzaEvilSc(+)pe

ThEvil0nE 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2002 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
Quote: Originally posted by AlarmTech on December 13, 2002

simply increase the sensitivity of the shock sensor. your neighbours may not like you much though. For added protection, you can get a 508D Proximity sensor. There's also the 507T digital tilt sensor.

The tilt sensor will be on my list but making the sensitivity of the shock sensor I think I'll skip ( even me hates cars with "delicate" shock sensors... wakes you up in the middle of the night... and worse, i might wake up with a flower-pot atop my car LOL ). About the proximity sensor, I have to do more research and readings on different ways how it would act/react or settings so as to it won't be too annoying.

Any more recommendations? Is there some way I can wire my fog-lights that sets the alarm off when the "+12V and/or the neg-ground" will be disconnected?  I hope you guys won't get tired of my Qs and concerns Viper 800 ESP on 99 Accord - Page 2 -- posted image. ... safety first right? Viper 800 ESP on 99 Accord - Page 2 -- posted image.

And btw... good job on your site AlarmTech... Thanx!

AlarmTech 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2002 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

ya, key scratches, kicked door dents, nasty notes written in lipstick, shaving cream on all the glass...you name it, i've heard it...but a flower pot...thats a new one. Ahhh, city life :)

As for the fog lights, the 12v wire would have no effect, since it only has 12v when they are on. But you could use the ground wire to trigger a relay if cut. Not sure about the long term drain effect it would have, being as my idea is to have the relay constantly energized, just off the top of my head...the chassis ground should be connected as close as possible to the foglight case or internally if possible. As theives usually cut things short, you want to be sure they cut the wire after the connection to ground, then that same wire goes to a relay.

85 - ground from foglight

86 - 12v + fused

87a - 12v + fused

30 - to (usually) unused positive alarm trigger wire

87 - no connection

when the ground from the fog light is cut, the relay clicks off and 87A is now in contact with 30 triggering the alarm.

Viper Equipped
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic