icon

Pioneer DEH-4600MP problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blackcr125 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys I'm new to this forum.  I've been having some headunit/speaker problems.  First off, yesterday, HU started blowing fuses and I couldn't figure out why, I narrowed it down.  It was only blowing fuses when I hooked up the antenna.  For some reason though it wouldn't power up without the antenna in it.  Today I go out and hook everything up and it works fine, no blown fuses.  The HU powers up but no music, no sound at all.  All the wires are properly hooked up.  When I plug in the wiring harness to the HU there is no slight 'pop' from the speakers from power going to them.  This is very frustrating, does anyone know whats up with this?

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

I'm guessing your factory amp is not powering up.  You need to hook up the turn on lead.  You did not mention the vehicle.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
blackcr125 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, its a 2001 Nissan Frontier.  The only turn-on lead I saw was one for an auxillary amp and the remote lead.  I'm not trying to go against what your saying, but I have everything hooked up as it was stock.  But if it is the turn on lead where would this be?
geepherder 
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  

Okay, then.  It sounds like you did not use a wiring harness from Metra or Scosche.  Did you cut off the factory plug that went into the factory radio? 

If I understand you correctly, it only powers up when the antenna is plugged into the back, right?  If so, it's grounding through the antenna.  You need to use a wiring harness.  Also, just leave the dimmer/illumination wires disconnected for simplicity.  You probably have some wires crossed. 

blackcr125 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  

The HU was already installed when I bought the car (month ago).  I only took it out to attach my amp to the remote wire and plug in the RCA plugs to the rear output.  Then when it started blowing fuses and I unhooked all the amp connections including the RCA and thats when the speakers stopped working.  Also when I replaced the fuse one of the times (always used the same 10 amp fuse), it smoked for a split second from where the antenna hooks into.

pss5075104 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
if you have smoke from the deck and the wires are properly conected then it sounds like the deck might be bad.
D
MECP First Class Certified Installer.
Nothing is impossable, it's just more expensive.
blackcr125 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
Another weird thing is that the graphic on the HU that is supposed to be a voltage meter (moves around as the music goes). It shows that the music is maxxed out.  It doesn't show its off, it shows its to the max it could ever go.
bballskilllz32 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
do you have a factory amp, if you i would suggest a rewire
Nick Bartolone
blackcr125 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

Well I have an aftermarket amp I could hook up but I dont have it hooked up.   What do you mean by rewire, what would I be rewireing.

geepherder 
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
First bench test the deck to make sure you're not wasting your time (you can just hook it up to a battery and use a test speaker to make sure the outputs are working).  If it tests good, but wasn't putting out sound when installed in the car, run new wires to the speakers.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic